gay marriages, and "partnerships"

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Bob Johnson, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

well I see this is a hot topic with some states coming out with laws that allow them and others making laws that deny them...well i think CT or mass or both came out with rights for gay couples that are usually given to married people(man and a woman).... and i was thinking that this could be put to some use...If I was still in college, and this law came out I would suggest that all of my buddies each take a "partner" for economic benfit...nows there nothing legally binding to each other, but by saying that you are Partners you can get tax relief and normal spousal benefits from one or the others employers that normally you could... and when it came time to go you own way ..."break up"... ha ha ha......it happens all the time( breakups of relations ships).........hey if you got a god job and are rooming with someone...call em your "partner" and make the most of the law...........I wonder if 2 brothers can be "partners" until they get married for real to their girlfriends......now that i mentioned it does this law apply to gf-bf living together?...must......I bet a ton are happy now.........I wonder if all companies have to comply..............bob

2. HV3.512

HV3.512 Senior Refuge Member

The act of homosexuality makes me physically ill just thinking about it but I am not sure if I have a problem with gay marriage. Or at least I know I am not all up in arms about it. If a couple of homos want to get married, I don't know that it's my place to interfere in their pursuit of happiness.

I don't have a problem with people not wanting gay marriage because of the legal issues involved but I do think it's sad that someone would be against it just because of hate. Too many people nowadays feel the need for other people to live a similar lifestyle to them and like to stick their noses in their neighbor's business. This attitude sickens me, it's mainly a liberal problem but a lot of conservatives hypocritically have it as well.

3. uncletick

uncletick Senior Refuge Member

I hope that the gay community will learn a lesson from the election last fall. Even in the liberal state of Oregon we defined marriage as between a man and a woman. At the last census there were around 900,000 same sex couples in the house hold. That's a pretty low percentage of the population. Considering that, we need to realize that we are the major majority and stand up to these militants who are trying to brainwash our children. I will never support any law that gives homosexual couples the same recognition as married couples. That being said, I have a brother who was one of the first "couples" that was married in S.F. last year. He was the medias poster boy for about a month. I love my bro but I hate the situation he has put me in. I do not support him in his drive to normalize his lifestyle.

4. thewigla

thewigla Refuge Member

You are exactly right. It is a matter of these folks trying to make their lifestyle viewed as "normal." In my opinion there is nothing normal about it, and I will not support anything that promotes it as normal. You can't even watch primetime television anymore without seeing a gay couple or someone who promotes their gayness. To me it is sick and it isn't right. Yet the majority sit on the wayside and let it happen (including myself). Whats this country coming to? :cry

5. got duck

got duck Elite Refuge Member

If everyone would get off the political side of it and deal with the religious side of it there would be no problem or issue. This country was based on religious beliefs so there is nothing wrong with that being the argument for the wrongness of gay marriage. It's in the BIBLE. It tells what is right and wrong. END OF STORY.

6. Pool_12_RiverRat

Pool_12_RiverRat Elite Refuge Member

Two chicks -- kinda hot though. :dv

7. Remshot

Remshot Elite Refuge Member

Was that a Freudian slip, or what???

8. zaconb

zaconb Senior Refuge Member

:clap

9. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

can you have a freudian slip on a keyboard?????????......but maybe there is another hand at work here??????....bob

10. browndog49768

browndog49768 Elite Refuge Member

:tu :tu :grvn