gay marriages, and "partnerships"

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Bob Johnson, Apr 12, 2005.

1. lancej

lancej Elite Refuge Member

And what a wonderful world it is where recreation is not a sin, regardless of the sockets involved. My (female) partner and I have had to go through significant hoops because we don't believe in ritual, cult marriage. The rights at least, should be allowed.

Lance

2. sandman7655

sandman7655 Elite Refuge Member

hey lance i noticed that in your singnature you left out under GOD.is that a clue to why you support the gays and lesbians?
    just a question for yah :confused:

3. lancej

I am a firm believer that god (in any form, religion, creed or cult) should be completely seperate in all ways, especially in a pledge from all aspects of government.

I support gays and lesbians because I am not a narrow minded bigot. It has nothing to do with my complete and utter lack of belief in the Christian religion.

Lance

4. sandman7655

so let me get this straight you dont believe in Jesus or GOD and i am a narrow minded bigot because of my faith? :confused:
    i hope i am wrong in what i read.

5. lancej

Are you a narrow minded bigot? If so, is it because of your faith? I wouldn't know why you feel you are in that category. :dv

Now, for a lesson in critical reading. I SUPPORT because I am NOT a bigot. Not because of my belief or disbelief in your particular faith. Believe how you want, I don't care. But, like your feelings on homosexuality, perhaps you should keep your beliefs in your bedroom, not force them on the rest of the community. Good for the goose, good for the gander :l

The first answer was strictly in reference to a pledge that if uttered the way you want would require an affirmation in that with which I have no belief. Wouldn't that make it a false pledge? :fp

Well?

Lance

6. sandman7655

well the pledge is what this country was founded on the belief in Christ.
    and as far as my faith staying in the bedroom, i would not be staying true to my faith by being a closet christian.
    So all i can say is good luck with your faith or lack of,i dont know. :tu

7. lancej

No, the "under god" was added to combat the great commie threat during the 50's. Unnecessary then, unnecessary now.

But, it doesn't much matter, what will continue is the "Balkanization" of the the US with people moving to states with like minded citizens. Soon, the United states will cease to exist.

Great Uniters like Kerry and Bush just help the process along.

Lance

8. ted brogan

ted brogan Senior Refuge Member

I dont care but lance you said that i should not force on them para pharsing and keep it in my bed room just para pharsing.Is that wath the gay communtie is doing to herto pouplation ie look at me i'm normal just like you.As for your diffculities with regrades stay with her long enough she will be come common law wife. Get 3/4 of everything when she gets tried of waiting for you to make it leagal :eek:

9. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

So then what you are saying is that ANY sexual preference should be permited?

YL03

10. lancej

Based on what I am reading, that which makes us uncomfortable is OK as long as it is NEVER on display where we may happen to be (This wrt homesexuality appears to be the closest thing to a compromise on this site). I just extended the concept.

As for my own relationship and "making it legal". I live in a state where "common law" marriage is not recognized which is good for us since we BOTH don't believe in institutionalized marriage. She may get tired of me, but it certainly won't be because of that issue.

Lance