Gear in Alaska

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by kodyb, Jun 12, 2003.

1. kodyb

kodyb Senior Refuge Member

I feel that duck and goose hunting gear that is sold locally is either way over priced and or not availiable. What do you guys think? What brands and types of duck and goose hunting equiptment would you like to see sold here locally at a reasonable price?

2. dood

dood Elite Refuge Member

Yes I agree totally. I was up in Soldotna fishing for 10 days and my dad and I stopped by some local outdoor shops and the fishing equipment was way overpriced. I guess living up there you are stuck with it because of all the tourists.

3. wt1

wt1 Senior Refuge Member

I agree with both of you, after leaving AK this fall I have vivsited sereval Cabalas and Bass Pro shops. I have ask why they won't put a store in AK, all the workers believe that they should put one in the Anchorage area. Every year these stores all going up over the lower 48 states. I can not believe the price in decoys up there, way over price. I order all my gear from Cabalas while in AK. Hey, Kody hows the hunt tests going?

4. kodyb

kodyb Senior Refuge Member

Hey Bill, check your Personal messages.

5. bigreid

bigreid Moderator

Waterfowl gear up here is non-existant. I am 6'8" so I buy all my gear from Cabela's. I heard they were thing about putting in a store up here, they would make a ton! As far as fishing gear, I guide so I buy a couple thousand dollars worth every year. The only place and I mean only place, is the Soldotna Trustworthy Hardware store. Everything I have gotten there is cheaper than Cabela's and the have all the stuff that works. If you go in there on a Monday, (no guided fishing on the Kenai) you will find all the guides buying their gear.