Generator advise

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by DGW706T, Dec 31, 2017.

1. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Mine works with a little key fob it came with. I get about 75' of range with it. I do not know of one with an app. It'd require internet access on the genset, which would have to be from a cell service provider, or Wi-Fi connection. If you have Wi-Fi in your blind, you could probably convert the keyfob remote start over with some redneck engineering. Just have to add a programmable Wi-Fi receiver that could send the remote start signal.

3. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

I was thinking about something similar to this. Needs to transmit audio also to verify the engine started.

http://switchboxcontrol.com/the-switch-box/

My redneck engineering would include a wire run 60 miles up the highway to my lazy boy :yes

stevena198301 likes this.
  4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You could make that work. Its essentially what I was talking about, just with cell service vice Wi-Fi. Dunno how you'd need to wire it in to the genset, but it could be done. :tu

In the long run, it'd be way cheaper than running and maintaining 60 miles of control cable. :l

5. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

You can use your phone to turn on the lights in your house, I don't see why this would be different.

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Your house has internet access. A genny in the middle of nowhere doesn't

7. thatguy2

thatguy2 Senior Refuge Member

MY neighbors trail camera sends him pics real time and it’s in BFE. If they can use cellular data you would think something could be developed.

8. Timber Hole

Agreed, but you need control of the starter, the choke, the kill switch and audio to verify it is running. Would sure save lots of running around by a bunch of duck hunters.

9. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Trail cams. You can access anything with an ip. A small plc could track outputs from the generator.

It certainly can be done, just at a price.

stevena198301 likes this.
  10. Timber Hole

I have great reception at the duck lake. Makes me feel better when I'm hunting alone and would allow the data to be sent.