Georgia cops throw a flashbang into a playpen

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by thatguy2, May 31, 2014.

1. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I'm sorry. No.

The people had been living there for quite a while. If the police had enough intelligence to garner a no-knock warrant then the certainly should've known that there was a baby living in that house. Period.

It is their fault. They were negligent. Blowing up babies is not a "service" that taxpayers have opted for.

Again, no drugs were found in that house and no arrests were made.

So until someone provides evidence to the contrary, all we know are the facts. The facts are that they threw a grenade in a crib while busting in on a house with no drugs. Everything and anything else is hearsay.

2. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 Elite Refuge Member

I've got to agree.... Why not just make a traffic stop and detain them outside of the house? Why not get them when they are heading out to the mail box. Why not send them a "prize" for a free tv and bust them when they show up?

Just seems like a lot of times these no-knock raids are more than necessary. Probably the result of having too many flash grenades sitting around the station with a bunch of guys itching to use them. I'm no LE professional... but this just stinks of poor planning and a general disregard for public safety.

3. fatlab

fatlab Elite Refuge Member

It does seem like no knock warrants are problematic and lead to some mistakes, and allow for too much 'wild west' type police work. But its hard to blame them for what happened to the baby. Clearly that is not intentional, and a horrible accident. I'm not going to crucify police for a flashbang that accidentally hurt someone, thats not the problem.

4. Scauphunter

Scauphunter Senior Refuge Member

Flash bangs are an explosive device and should never be used unless the raid is a known high risk raid against a known violent offender. How would you feel if our soldiers were throwing grenades through every door they went through while in Iraq or Afghanistan. As a nation we wouldn't tolerate that behavior against foreign nationals. Why would we tolerate them here being used against US citizens?

5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Please tell me they have a good lawyer. Just the picture of the injured kid should mean 7 figures or more.

Don't police use surveillance anymore? Wouldn't they want to know if the "dealer" was actually present in the house?

Sounds careless and poorly executed. I am highly suspicious of every little town having its own "SRT" or "Special Action Unit", or whatever acronym is cool these days. Anyone can put on a helmet and dress in black and have all sorts of equipment attached to them, but how much training do these people actually have, and are they really "elite" in their performance.

At least send them for proper training.

[​IMG]

6. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

You guys are missing the most important part about this story.....

Thank God nobody got high.....:rolleyes:

7. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

When the informant walked out of the house with his purchase, they should have quickly covered all exits and done the bull horn thing.
    "Come out with your hands up".

So the perps flush the remaining drugs. So what. The informant has made a buy and that's good for a charge.

So perhaps there is a standoff.... Ever have the bad guys win in a standoff?

8. Ol' Red

Ol' Red Senior Refuge Member

Misdemeanor vs felony.

Red

9. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

Problem with Meth is like Ol red is saying it can mess up anyone close by!! Most the raid teams have to go to medical or wear mask when raiding then they suit up to clean up. Fumes can make neighbors sick etc.. they had one house here in town blow up years back and burned down 4 other houses! they are a danger to the entire area Not like a pot house..

10. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

Selling meth is not a felony?