Georgia cops throw a flashbang into a playpen

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by thatguy2, May 31, 2014.

1. Big Ches

Big Ches Elite Refuge Member

Which is worse? A flashbang to the baby's face or being around freakin' meth. Either way the kid doesn't stand much of a chance in life

2. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

Which result is directly caused by the government?

At what point do we decide government has a role and responsibility to better the "chance in life" of any child?

Lots of thing hurt a child's chances in life.....but we decide flash bangs are appropriate in this case? Why?

3. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

No argument, but I don't think the answer is throwing incendiary devices in the mix.

4. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

I vote flashbang.

5. Big Ches

I'm not condoning throwing the flashbang into a crib. But, at the same time, I'm not worked up about it either.

Police have a job to do and people make mistakes. Obviously there was a mistake made here but at the same time that's the casualties you face when you're a meth dealer. Your baby might get put in harm's way at some point, not only cooking meth, but having your house raided by cops. I don't feel the least bit sorry for anyone in this scenario but the kid. Anything the mother or father has to say about what the cops did means nothing to me. They did this to their child as far as I'm concerned, not the cops.

6. summerjack

summerjack Elite Refuge Member

guilty until proven innocent. You cant be serious. They should have just leveled the house and killed everyone inside?

7. Randy

Randy Senior Refuge Member

Has anyone noticed, the similarities in the arguments made against (and for) the LEO,s runs parallel to the arguments the anti gun movement uses. One bad LEO makes them all "suspect, untrustworthy, bloodthirsty, etc. One bad gun owner , get my drift.
    Pretty sad to read some of this comments directed to people who have "CHOSEN" to serve .

8. Big Ches

I think you need to re-read what I said there "jack"....

You a meth dealer or somethin...strike a nerve? :dv

9. lanthanide

lanthanide Elite Refuge Member

I understand there was also stuffed 'Snoopy' toy in the crib...cop shot that as well...he felt "threatened".

10. killerv

killerv Senior Refuge Member

There are too many "no knock warrant" stories that don't end well. Especially in Georgia for some reason. I don't think they are worth it.

We had one of our local cops get killed several years back during one. "Drug dealer" inside claimed self defense. I think he only ended up with 21 years plus time served for killing the officer. Now this drug dealer is pretty much a hero in a certain part of our community. Every time you go into a store or bank that does a MDA fund raiser, March of Dimes, you know those types where you give a dollar and you get to put your name on a shamrock or whatever in the store/bank window.... people put this certain drug dealer's name on them. It's become sort of a cult thing to do now. A lot of people here look up to him for defending himself during a "no knock" raid.

I believe I few years back in Atlanta where an old woman was shot because they had the wrong address when doing one?