GHG Commercial Grade Review??

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by MO-trapper, Mar 22, 2016.

1. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

Well half of them showed up today and I took a few side by side poses with AXP's....the Avians have been hunted regularly for 2+ years now and bagged after every hunt. They were also given the flat clear treatment when new. I don't know if I'll do that with the GHG's or not. Wouldn't mind getting away from bags eit 20171124_153305.jpg 20171124_153330.jpg her but don' know that I will. Anybody that have them and bag them care to comment on which bags they're using? One last thing, anybody else give the cheek patches a touch-up? 20171124_153131.jpg 20171124_153149.jpg

2. jrode237

3. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

If them geese notice those cheek patches they are entirely too close. I’ve had plenty of birds walking in my decoys after limiting out and leaving the spread in place. The birds didn’t mind the GHG’s one bit and stayed there for an hour.

4. jrode237

I'm not questioning that part at all as I've had to walk geese out of bigfoots before too so I know they're not that picky lol. Are you bagging any of yours buck master?

5. buck_master_2001

Mine are bagged. Just because it’s easier to transport them and can fit more in my bed when they are half azzed organized. That’s why I got away from big foots. Durable as hell but take up too much space.

jrode237 likes this.
  6. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

Wow. I haven’t been on this forum in a long, long time.

I’ve been running commercial grades for two years. I’ve repaited them (light dusting with mud brown and khaki krylon) and replaced all the ring bases with Dakota rings. (Left overs from a snow spread)

All in all, with just a little TLC they have been the best decoy I have ever run. Both fun hunting and guiding, they’ve held up better than ANY decoy I have ever had, to include foots.

Literally just tossing them in and out of the trailer. I probably have 75 hunts over them, and have only lost one motion cone. No other breakage at all.

Dust them on top with mud brown, hit the breast with some khaki, and they are one hell of a decoy.

I missed the cabelas deal, which sucks.

jrode237 likes this.
  7. buck_master_2001

Any pics of yours?

8. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

Here’s one

Attached Files:

9. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Dust the top with mud brown,shoot some khaki on the breast,touch up the cheekpatch and they will look almost as good as an Avianx.
    Sorry I am just bored being stuck at home,I just think that decoys at the price point of most fullbodies are going for they should be good to go out of the box.

10. buck_master_2001

They are fine right out of the box. I’ll take these over Avian X any day of the week.