GHG Common Eiders

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by RSDecoys, Mar 31, 2012.

1. DownThePipe

DownThePipe Elite Refuge Member

I haven't read any of this nonsense. But my I have two thoughts, and I don't see how they can be refuted.

1. The carvings are great- they are very realistic.

2. They ride too low on the water. I don't hunt sea ducks, but common water fowling knowledge is that in big open water you want a decoy that is higher riding and visible.

Needless to say, they'll kill a lot of birds.

2. DownEastFowler

DownEastFowler Senior Refuge Member

havenhunter,

I completely hear what you are saying. The tide gunned in the Bay of Fundy is like no other on the East Coast...

3. BayMan718

BayMan718 Elite Refuge Member

those are all single rigged decoys in the photo for your info thus SHOOTING LANES......and im not saying you guys are wrong for hunting with foam or cork..what i said bashing guys that dont is wrong...bashing a company because of user error is wrong...my comment about decoys being pulled undertide was dirrected at those who hunt long island...and all be it we only get 10-12 ft tides in some of the area's theres a good running 4-5kt currrent in those areas...IF you KNOW what youre doing this IS NOT AN ISSUE and using plastic decoys works fine...ive shot eiders from maine to long island...and im well aware of the need to shoot shoot and shoot again...and sometimes decoys get hit in the process...but you guys got your panties in a bunch because i stuck up for plastic decoys..not because i said you guys are hunting wrong...because i NEVER SAID THAT...if you go back and re-read my post you will see that i defended GHG and plastic decoys...and pointed out that if you dont abuse your **** and know what your doing as far as tides....PLASTIC WORKS FINE...nothing more!

the end

4. knock-em-down

knock-em-down Senior Refuge Member

NOT really sure but i feel like that might have been aimed at me. Here is averys # 1800-333-5119, ask for bill if you are looking to become a prostaffer. Just so you know i was born on the water in babylon village and had my first boat at 12 years old, so yes i do know about the tides and current. I worked on the boats at captree till i was 21 years old. I ran a 39 BHM for 2 years for offshore fishing trips but i do not think i am a know it all. I still have a lot to learn, but you dont need to be the head cashier at walmart to know when a decoy is shot or is just taking on water at the seam. Larry thanks for educating me.

5. eiderman1

eiderman1 Senior Refuge Member

They are plastic decoys if you shoot them they will get holes and leak like any other plastic decoy.

6. BayMan718

Steve K. JR.....

first off if i wanted to be a prostaffer...i could have a few times over
    :rolleyes:...but i have chosen to keep what i love and have so much passion for as just that...something i love and i do not want to turn into a JOB even tho i have the talent and know how to do so...its the reason i havent started a guide service of my own as well..

second...i dont need to know anything more then what i have seen and heard about you...to know who and what i am dealing with...so please save me the speach about how much you know...

as for my defense of GHG...its because unlike you i am a happy customer...i have had nothing but good dealings with them...i enjoy their products and im tired of so many guys slagging them because they dont take care of thier own ****...nothing more nothing less...:tu

7. DiverFreak

DiverFreak Elite Refuge Member

If you were so worried about Avery you would quit posting and let the thread die, just sayin!

DiverFreak

8. ispfowler

ispfowler Senior Refuge Member

I......like you,.....have had several good years with GHG. In 2011 I had two issues with brand new defective GHG decoys, and wasn't given the time of day from Avery's customer service, and was told it would cost me money to remedy the problem. Have you had a warranty issue yet with GHG?

Let me know how much you remain "a happy customer" when you try to pursue something through their warranty department, after they tell you tough luck on your part. It will happen at some point, so we'll see how your "happy customer" mentality holds up.

People say the same thing about thier insurance companies. "I've had nothing but good dealings with my insurance company." Then you find out they've never made a claim against their "long time loyal" insurance company before. Next thing you know......the same person is telling you how their basement has flooded, and their insurance company does not want to cover the cost of damages, or wants to raise their rates through the roof.

Life's lessons......I guess. We either learn from our own mistakes, or learn from others. Learning from our own mistakes ends up costing us money, and learning from other peoples mistakes ends up saving us money, lol .

9. portage

portage Refuge Member

Sweet

when are the kings going to be ready????

10. BayMan718

awww tony comming to his rescue again...very cute..guess protecting your salesman is that important...

as for fighting words...truth is truth..when you hunt with a guide for years to gain information on spots then open a guide service of your own.. hunting EVERY SPOT the guide took you...then pretty much highjacking his entire website make just enough changes so it doesnt look quite the same...youre nothing more then a COPY of the original...and if he has a problem with me or anything ive said and wants to "fight" im not hard to find...hell he can even have my home adress if he'd like...25 first street rosedale ny

id like to see how supportive you would be of him if he turned around and started his own layout company and pretty much jacked your website...

you live out west...youre not here...you dont hunt the same waters as we do and SEE (like i said but you chose to leave out) the kind of guide he is...

i never jumped on him when it first came out for what he did..i took time to watch and see to make my own judgements and after a year ive seen and heard enough..

as for letting the thread die...sorry i didnt know i couldnt respond to posts DIRRECTED AT ME... guess thats not letting a thread die...:rolleyes:

and to think i was considering buying two layouts from you...thanks for showing me who i was going to be dealing with...i will be taking my business else where...and i will make sure to send my friends between here and virgina else where as well..