Decoy Forum Sponsors

GHG FFD duck floaters reviews

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by jrode237, Sep 27, 2018.

1. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

How are they holding up for the folks that are using them? Not looking for folks opinions on whether or not they work any better then a standard decoy. Just, how is the flocking holding up for a factory flock job?

2. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I'm guessing this means nobody liked them enough to even buy them :l

cnegeese801 likes this.
  3. Kazzy8

Kazzy8 Senior Refuge Member

I bought a dozen Mallards and used them about 10 times last year. Flocking held up great and we finished Mallards in the hole at 10 yards on the last day of our 107 day season over them. Two thumbs up from me.

4. Green Duck Truck

Green Duck Truck Washington State Moderator Moderator

I bought a dozen and a half last year for a late season "micro-spread." Only used them once, on a solo hunt. Birds worked in really well, but once isn't much of a sample size.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  5. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

I would have thought the guys chasing pintails and gadwall, knowing how finicky they can be at times would have been the ones to have given them a try. I own 30ish Mintz flocked GHG's that I use similarly to how GDT does. Unfortunately, the area I would most often use them stays algae plugged for most of the year. And cleaning them after a hunt has almost made them more work then they're worth. Still curious though how the folks that have put them through some use see them holding up as my experience with FFD GHG geese has been mostly positive.