GHG pro-grade cans vs Avian X Topflight can size comparison

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by Clayton, Feb 7, 2017.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

They both are hollow plastic. Screw that.

2. Patodor

Patodor Refuge Member

Dimensions online say both around 15" but the GHG progrades I picked up a few seasons back look awfully stumpy and sit too low. Any new decoys I plan to single line and keep out of the line of fire (theoretically) will be Avian-X. My older OS GHG divers are still the favorite for plastics.

3. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Hello there Patodor, & well to the Fuge. You should pick up plenty of good stuff in here & have a fun time too.
    Don't you think that diver decoys look more realistic being low in the water? Dabbler ducks sit higher, butt up in the air etc., but the divers really look like they're sinking & half in the water, don't you think?

Ringbill

4. Patodor

Patodor Refuge Member

Appreciate the welcome.

No argument that wood or cork blocks look better riding in the water. In my experience though, they tend to get lost in the chop and don't do as well pulling birds across the water when you can't set up near enough to the usual flight path. That's where the higher profile and whitewalls of OS production dekes helps. That.... and they're what resources / lack of work space allow.

Ringbill likes this.