GHG

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by northern, Jan 21, 2018.

1. northern

northern Elite Refuge Member

Is there a GHG rep on this forum?

2. travis madden

travis madden Senior Refuge Member

I am a Avery PS what can I help with?

3. northern

This is going to be kind of long I will try to explain whats going on.
    I bought some GHG FFD goose decoys about 10 years ago. Love them, great quality.
    A friend of mine has started hunting with me this year and wanted to buy some decoys. I told him mine was about 10 years old and there still looking really good. So he went and purchased a dozen FFD's and a half dozen lessers from Rogers with the bag's on 11/10/2017 and we have hunted with them 5 times. The flocking is coming off and the paint on the lessers is falling off. They look worse than my 10 year old ones.
    He contacted GHG and talked to a Steve Pitt who was rude and has done nothing but give him the run around. Steve Pitt told him that he would have to send in a copy of the receipt, which was fine, so he did that. Then he was told that Rogers had to send it in. Steve would not give him the RM# until Rogers sent in there copy, which makes no sense. My friend sent in his original. Rogers emailed in there copy and my friend mailed the decoys back today, $300.00 to send them back.
    My question is this. Is there someone else he can talk to about this matter, he would get better help talking to a wall than with this Steve guy. We are very disappointed in there customer service. I am pretty mad about the whole deal because I told him about GHG quality. He was going to buy Avian X and I steered him away from that because GHG has lasted me so long and I felt like Avian X was over priced. I am just very disappointed.

4. northern

I live here in Salt Lake and have a home also in Sterling Idaho, my friend lives in Spanish Fork, Wish I would have got a hold of you before he sent them back today.

5. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

I have had to send decoys back before and Rogers let me use their UPS shipping rates which are extremely low compared to what you or I would have to pay so I'm not sure why he didn't go through Rogers first, I have spoken with and emailed Steve numerous times and he has been nothing but polite and professional in my interactions from a warranty issue to buying replacement heads to other things. Rogers has excellent customer service as well. I think Avery has stepped up their CS department over what it used to be. Sorry your buddy had issues with the decoys

6. northern

Yes he contacted Rogers first, they told him to go threw GHG. They did help him out and sent in there copy of the receipts. He just had a hard time getting any infoout of steve. He has sent them in and we shall see what happens.