Giant Slayer ?

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Tominator, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Tominator

Tominator Elite Refuge Member

What's your thoughts and opinions on the GK delrin Giant Slayer:scratch. How's it sound? Easy to blow? The usual questions:nutz. Never tried or been around one:no. Thanks

2. Brent4Hire

Brent4Hire Elite Refuge Member

Very easy to blow. Lots of built-in back-pressure.

They sound great, and have a nice response. The delrin is bullet-proof, and has a mellow tone to it that transmits vocalization well.

The hedge model, if you can find someone willing to part with one, is a sweet sounding call for residents, late season, and water hunting.:tu I wouldn't run one as a main field / traffic call, but it makes a great low compliment to one for a very affordable price.

3. NEgander81

NEgander81 Senior Refuge Member

What Brent said. I have the Hedge that I take when water hunting, it's a nice mellow call. I am torn between the Original and Slayer for field hunting as my lower toned call on my lanyard. Kinda like being torn between the Canuck and LG1 for the higher pitched call.:z

4. Doubletap

Doubletap Elite Refuge Member

Just buy one, geez:l, I got a couple that I dont use anymore that I might let you try out, but probably not:dv

5. Take A Gander

Take A Gander Senior Refuge Member

Tommy deadly on the water. They have a very full sound but not an acrylic sound more like a dense wood.

6. Tominator

Tominator Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for not offering DT. I expected nothing more, nothing less from you. In one of your moods again I see.:nutz:l:dv.

7. goosebumps

goosebumps Senior Refuge Member

This call is made from acetal,another name for delrin,so it sound like a very good compromise between wood and acrylic.very goosy:)

8. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Senior Refuge Member

I love the Slayer great sounding call. I got the Hedge and the Maple awhile ago. I'd post up pics but I'm a recovering callaholic and sold off all my calls! :amen

9. BUCKSHOT#4

BUCKSHOT#4 Elite Refuge Member

I have one, nice call and I like it..... :tu

10. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

...is probably the BEST Short Reed out there for the $. It has it's own sound and Geese respond well to it. Not the "prettiest" call out there but it's bullet proof. I think of the Slayer as a hard working "Blue Collar" type SR. When guys want to try my GK's I let them blow my Slayer's. Come to think of it, I need to get one back.

Murph.:D