Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Gifted thread?

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by RNTquackaholic, Mar 13, 2013.

1. RNTquackaholic

RNTquackaholic Elite Refuge Member

Why don't we start a sticky thread with a list of birds we can gift incase someone is looking for something? I just thought it would be a good deal.

2. Tailfisher17t

Tailfisher17t Senior Refuge Member

I agree.

I can get BWT, Mottles, BBWD, Redheads, Ringers and Scaup and some other stuff if someone wants them. I am also looking for GE's, Scoters and longtails gifted.

3. RNTquackaholic

RNTquackaholic Elite Refuge Member

We get lots of pintails here, mallards, most puddle ducks and some odds and ends every now and then.
    It would be very helpful I believe.

4. JMM

JMM Elite Refuge Member

It's a nice idea but you might be prepared to be inundated with requests once it gets around. I live in Ohio so get mallards and early woodies and great Canada's.
    Jim

5. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Elite Refuge Member

Be careful! I offered up Ross' geese one yr. next thing I know I had 72 birds in the freezer to ship.

Couple didn't make it over night,spoiled, and receiver refused to pay shipping, had people never send shipping, people bitched that a bird had a broken feather, etc, etc.

Now I only gift to people that I know. Great idea just be prepared. And there are people that don't like to hear that you don't have enough birds. Had one guy cuss me up one side and down the other cause I wouldn't give him one of the 4 cans I had in a picture. Also be very careful of any implied trade. The rules on this are goofy!

I hope this goes well because I like the idea. I enjoy sharing the resources we have.

6. ghguy69

ghguy69 Senior Refuge Member

I like the idea also. It gives taxidermists opportunities to mount birds that they otherwise would not get the chance to mount. People who take advantages of these gifts and complain about them are a-holes and their names should be posted like the negative feedback section of the classifieds to let others know not to gift to them. Otherwise I think most people are very gracious and honest to pay shipping.

7. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Elite Refuge Member

Great idea. Like the feedback option.

8. Brad's Birds

Brad's Birds Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

This is important.......the law may seem "goofy" but it is the law and it will be enforced. If you do this, I'd suggest a permanent link to title 50 CFR, specifically parts 10, 20, 21 for anyone not familiar with the laws. Some states may also have further restrictions on the matter.

9. NealinMO

NealinMO Senior Refuge Member

sounds good to me
    I've got a hen bufflehead and a hen ruddy. may have a couple hen ringnecks and lessee scaup also

looking for a pintail and a redhead

10. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

Just to be clear you should state that gifting of the buffie and ruddy has absolutely nothing to do with that pintail and redhead, otherwise some overly-zealous types might consider that bartering.