Girlfriend wants to buy new gun

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by quacker killer, Aug 21, 2009.

1. quacker killer

quacker killer Senior Refuge Member

What are you ladies shooting? She's been shooting mine for the past couple years and its time she gets one that actually fits her. She has no problem with a 12g but she needs somthing with a smaller frame than my guns. She shoots great once the gun is up but that can be tricky with a thick jacket, etc. I think she'll probably end up with an auto and I'm pushing the Benelli route but haven't seen anything in a smaller frame. Do they make a smaller stocked M1? That would be ideal for her! Any suggestions.

2. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

Franchi makes/made an auto that has/had the shortest length of pull that I have come across. I bought one for my daughter.

3. Mrs. Ripline

Mrs. Ripline Senior Refuge Member

I shoot a Benelli SBEII and I love it. With all of the buffering on the stock there is very little kick. I have never had it changed from what it was purchased as as far as the fit is concerned it just did. I'm on the tall side at 5'7 so that might make a little bit of a differance for the easy fit. I shoot sporting clays on a league and hunt with it in WI and MI so I have a lot of bulk on in the late season and it fits in real nice.

You just may need to find a gunsmith to get a nice fit for her, but I love my Benelli.
    Hope that helps.

4. swampswimmingshrek

swampswimmingshrek Elite Refuge Member

My wife shoots a Beretta 390 12gauge. I cut 2" off the stock. She kills more then most guys I know. :tu

5. QueenOfTheMarsh

QueenOfTheMarsh Senior Refuge Member

I love my Beretta 390 (12 ga), don't plan on getting rid of her any time soon. I really do need to get the stock cut down a little bit, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Also have a Winchester 1300 (youth) for when I feel like changing things up a little bit - that gun fits me much better, I wish my 390 was the same. Used to shoot a Benelli M1 but it was quickly retired -I didn't like the 28" barrel and it jammed a lot.

6. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Can't beat a Beretta (in my eyes anyway ;) )... Best thing to do is to get her shoulder up as many guns as you can find that she might have interest in... See which one she thinks feels best and if you're lucky you can find someone to customize it for her...