Glad this Trooper is a Bad Shot

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by num70, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Most of the time I am the same way... Had my share of traffic stops... Even had a misunderstanding as to my identity one time... Got detained by a helicopter one time in high school...

Most of the time, I am pretty calm and cool... But I have run across the odd officer that for whatever reason makes me very nervous...

I do agree that there is a bit of shared responsibility here, in that the "suspect" could have avoided being shot if were a bit more methodical and relayed his intentions a bit better...

But, technically he did every thing the officer asked him to do, just as he was asked to do it.

Kinda like the anology of someone running a stop sign... Of course any blame for an accident will be placed on the person who ran the sign... That is not to say that there are not plenty of drivers who could have avoided said accident though...

I will not comment on criminal charges, but I would say that this mistake should preclude the officer from serving in the field again... Forever...

2. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

What I would do, what you would do, and what could've prevented the event should in no way be construed to justify a required mentality of 'oh, go get my license, sure, I'll do that but I'll be careful to do it very slowly and methodically so as to not incite this half-cocked lunatic into shooting at me like a madman for no reason'. Nor should the very dangerous situation LE guys are routinely in.

Think a scared young driver, desperate to comply and comply quickly.

Think a frantic young mother, distraught over being pulled over.

Think a young, black, droopy pants, male in a hoodie......and no dashcam video......

3. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

The driver just took the golden bullet.
    That pig should be thrown into general population prison.

Every cop and highway patrol makes me nervous if they walk up to my truck with their hand on there gun.

One cop was playing with his holster release button while he was talking to me .
    He was clicking and disengaging the gun lifting it an inch then pushing it back into the locked position........he did this at least 8 times before I told him to quit playing with that damn gun because he was making me nervous as hell.
    The whole time I had the inside lights on and my hands on the top of the steering wheel..he had my lic. already !
    His response was QUOTE ....OH MY BAD IT'S A NERVOUS HABIT !!!!!:mad:
    I said how do you think that makes me feel watching you screw around with your gun while we were talking.
    The guy looked like he just slammed four Rock Stars.
    Even my wife said something was wrong with that cop. I said yeah he got drug through dog crap in P.E as a kid.

My wife drive home from work at 2:00 to 4:00 AM I told her that she needs to keep her wallet out of her purse and if she ever gets pulled over to turn on her hazard light and slowly pull over to a well lit area with her inside light on.
    I don't trust cops at all !

Yes I have gone on ride alongs , I've seen and heard all of the crap they put up with..............but hey they chose the job, they knew what they were signing up for from the beginning.
    90% of cops are hypocrites and on a power trip most of the time.
    I have 4 friends that are cops ,if I didn't know them before they became cops there is no way we would ever be friends.
    They are all above the law, the don't wear seat belts they talk and text on their phones and even have open beers in the cup holder of their truck.:yes

Let see how long this post stays up !
    I didn't do or say anything that is not 100% the truth , so deal with it !!!

I hope the man shot makes millions for taking the golden bullet !
    And the cop goes to jail and gets punked long and hard !!!:yes

Why wasn't this on the news across the US ?
    Because of that blue line !

4. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

"Groubert, who has since been fired for the incident, has been charged with aggravated assault and battery, a felony that could get him up to 20 years in prison if convicted"

Wow, that's refreshing.

5. Dorkweed

Dorkweed Elite Refuge Member

Good thing the "perp" didn't have his dog with him!!:amen

6. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

In some states and jurisdictions you are expected to remain in your vehicle when pulled over. Sure might have helped in this situation.

7. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

The way I understood the report was that the cop followed the guy into a parking lot and didn't "pull him over" until after he was parked and had exited his vehicle.

8. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

The shot after the guy had his hands up and clearly showed no weapon will be pretty hard to explain.
    The victim will get a pretty nice settlement.

9. Duckjunkie194

Duckjunkie194 Elite Refuge Member

Glad to see all the cop haters have come out to respond in force. All I can say on this is poor tactics = poor results. Plain and simple.

10. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Why the hell is this under "politics and religion - world news and current events"?

If this falls under that category so should more than half the threads on the main board.