Glad this Trooper is a Bad Shot

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by num70, Sep 25, 2014.

1. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

Because the moderator of the main forum (current or former LEO) does not allow negative threads about law enforcement. Any positive thread can remain, but if it shows that cops did something wrong it gets moved to the hinterlands to never be seen again.

It amounts to cowardly censorship - or someone not willing to see the negative side of their chosen profession.

View the long term thread titles (last 6 months) in this forum. Most of them are cop related.

Cop on a power trip? Impossible. :yes

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  2. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

I had hoped that wasn't the case.
    And the worst part about it is, I didn't post it to say "Bad Cop". i posted it to show the miracle/mystery that is terrible close range shooting. :)

I would think there's plenty of material in this thread for the Pro-LEO crowd. Everyone complains that police get away with everything. This story shows otherwise. This trooper is going to have his day in court.

(Cameras can be a good thing).

3. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Every LEO shoud have a camera on his dash and another on his body, and there should be no excuse for not doing so. Should a questionable event occur and for any reason no video is available, it should be used as evidence of obstruction by the LEO and/or the department.

4. Duckjunkie194

Duckjunkie194 Elite Refuge Member

Easy there big fella. ANY reason? Please! These are electronic pieces of technology. They may fail at any time. I have actually had the hard drive fry on mine on a simple traffic stop. It wasnt until later in the shift that the in car monitor stopped working. Since only the brass has access to the hard drive, no one wouldve known it wasnt working until we needed to retrieve a video for court purposes if the monitor didnt failed as well. Hardly a reason for someone to use it as proof of obstruction.

As human beings, we always resist change. I didnt like the cameras when we first got them. Was it because I was violating civil rights every hour? No. It was something I wasnt used to. Now I forget its there most of the time. Its also saved my skin from some people on traffic stops that think if they beef the boss about treated unfairly, they will have their ticket taken care of. My bosses always invite the person to stop in to watch the video with the officer and the watch commander. NO one ever comes in...Why?

I can see body cameras coming down the line soon as well. Am I a fan? Nope. Is it because Im corrupt and an a-hole? Nope. Im sure you will see it your way, and Ill see it mine.

5. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

DJ,

You are correct and equipment does malfunction. However, there have been enough cases of cameras "failing" just as bad stuff is about to happen, not being turned on, or videos disappearing before they could be evaluated, that any such situation should be judged on its merits and the excuse accepted without further investigation.

I acknowledge that technology has its limits.

David

6. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

:eek::eek:OH! You said that out loud.:l:l:l

7. marsh fox

marsh fox Banned

:clap Thats great news there..
    Sorry this is not cop hate talk here, this should not happen.
    Its unmatched people in jobs that are just not their vocation full stop.
    It could be you your wife dad mum son or daughter laid there in a pool of blood or dead.
    That guy is alive by the grace of God and deserves a sutable payment so he never has to want for anything the rest of his life, he was not an leo a soldier a firefighter or anything like that but a guy going about his business.

Just answer me this, i would not dare move a mussle if an american cop said anything to me i would just stand sit or lay stock still i dont think moving my lips to speak would be a good idea in case i spooked the cops over there.
    IF .. YOU were to do as i say move not on mussle.. would they just shoot you anyway For not obeying?
    Because man that lad did nothing wrong and he got a clip emptied at him.:eek:

And one other quesstion, I am off America, but allways liked the idea of canada are the canadian police better trained than these American cops or is it an armed cop that side of the ditch problem.
    The frogs are armed to the teeth no one gets shot there by mistake, and i never ever felt even slightly at risk from a french copper ever why is that. ?

8. blinddog

Why not a fan of body cameras?

Wouldn't they protect you and your version of the truth?

9. Duckjunkie194

Duckjunkie194 Elite Refuge Member

My version of the truth? Whatever thats supposed to mean. Cameras are not be-all-end-all. Thats it. I couldnt even tell you what they look like? Am I going to have a GoPro on my shoulder for 8 hrs? I hope not.

Would you want a camera taping what you do all day in your employment? Maybe have a boss nit pick you for taking to long at lunch, yell at you for being on the Fuge when you should be working?

10. blinddog

Would I want a camera taping me? Not necessarily, but that is of no concern. I don't interact with the public in a fashion where I can arrest, detain, cite, report, imprison, shoot or kill the general public, nor am I a public employee who's salary and pension are paid for by the taxpayer, so my position is inconsequential.

Sounds like you believe your actions as an officer (paid for by public dollars) might be seen as something other than the utmost upstanding?

One would think a cop with nothing to worry about would welcome a camera as it would always back up his reports and his upstanding behavior, right? Why would a cop not want to be filmed