Go-devil Surface Drive???

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by cmac77, May 9, 2005.

1. cmac77

cmac77 Elite Refuge Member

Hello, I am getting ready to buy a boat and motor. This forum has been really helpfull. I have heard about every motor (Mudbuddy, Gator-Tail, Prodrive) except the new go-devil surface drive. :confused: Does anyone own one? Have any of you heard anything about it? Is this a good motor? Any advice will be helpfull. Thanks

2. Auto

Auto Banned

PM Nab he will enlighten you. :tu

3. sandman7655

sandman7655 Elite Refuge Member

yeh get in touch with nab he has been running one for while.but make sure you drive em all before you buy. :tu

4. bubby864

bubby864 Elite Refuge Member

i havent run it, but have ran with it and checked it out. Very well built, nice powerplant. Nab has his on a small boat but putting it on a bigger one. That thing will scoot. Shoot him a pm. He will be glad to answer questions for you.

5. Nab

Nab Banned

I do have some stick time with them - ran 27hp Kholer for 55 hrs from Jan 14 to the middle of March - took it back and picked up a 35 the first of April - got about 25 hrs on it - have had 0 problems with them - the 35 will run 29mph all day on my 1648 GD SD boat - this is a boat with full floatation - not a stripped down race boat! Ran this same motor while in Baton Rouge on an 1848 GD SD boat and it ran close to 28 mph with 2 people - so I probably will step up to an 18 ft boat in the near future(more room with the about the same speed).
    For a 16ft boat the 27hp is a perfect match with the 31's and 35's being just right the longer, wider boats.
    The motors are made tough - the only thing aluminum on them are the back access covers - beefed up prop, manual trim(these motors have a cavitation plate that allows the motor to trim itself pretty well - you will want to use the trim to fine tune for different loads - but you pretty much set it and forget it until something changes) - nothing to tear up - they have an adjustable free-floating handle and squeeze grip throttle.
    There is a waiting list - GD just started shipping them out last week - I've got 3 that should be here in a couple of weeks - they are sold - if you have any questions feel free to pm me or call GD themselves.
    If possible, I would go see and/or drive as many different ones as you can.
    Thanks,
    Nab.

6. dead animal

dead animal Elite Refuge Member

i saw a couple of the new go-devils run at the la poker run. they looked like they ran well. the people running them were super nice also!!!!
    if i were fixin to go buy somthing i'd still go run as many different ones as i could to see which one suites u best!!!!!!

good luck choosing and have fun with whatever u pick!!!! :tu

7. cutt-down

cutt-down Banned

I saw them at the mud fest & I agree with DA, they ran good & appear to built like a tank. :tu

8. Nab

Nab Banned

Got some fellows over here ready to get their's and try 'em out at the poker run!