Going to San Francisco? Take your "manure" boots...

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by sdkidaho, Apr 16, 2019.

1. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator

"The city has taken steps to crack down on the crisis. Over the last year, the Department of Public Works instituted what the San Francisco Chronicle called a “Poop Patrol.” Consisting of five teammates, the Chronicle estimated each employee earned a hefty $184,000 in pay, perquisites and pension benefits.

Using this payroll information, we quantified the taxpayer cost of each human waste case last year: $32.75. And that’s not including the sunk costs in trucks, fuel, and equipment such as the steam cleaning unit."
    upload_2019-4-16_10-54-1.png
    upload_2019-4-16_10-54-27.png
    Article here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/adaman...-132562-case-reports-since-2008/#11eed53f5ea5

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I went down to SF last year to see the Giants play and the sidewalks downtown and south of Market St. (where the ballpark is) have many piles of excrement.

3. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

And Nancy can be so smug behind a microphone.

WoodieSC and blacktail like this.
  5. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

My family vacationed in SF last Summer, went to Muir Woods, Alcatraz, fishermans wharf, etc. What a dump. Homeless everywhere, crazy people everywhere, human crap everywhere, smelled horrible, borderline dangerous. . . . saw a smash and grab right at Lombard Street where a car rolled up smashed out the back window and grabbed a back pack and speed off middle of the day. Some parts where really amazing like Muir Woods and Alcatraz but could not imagine living there especially considering how much it costs to live there.

6. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

It’s just outrageous. Homeless or not, you don’t crap in the street.

Fowler267, WHUP ! Hen and widgeon like this.
  7. Rogue Hunter

Rogue Hunter Elite Refuge Member

I'm happy for them, they can keep it.

8. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

I'd be a rich man if I had taken pictures of the stuff I saw in SF in the 30 years I worked there.
    I could of made calendars and sold them at Pier 39 and Fishermans wharf.
    My wife loves going to the city but she won't go without me it's not safe for a woman, hell I don't have a C.C. permit but you can bet your boots I was carrying 90% of the time I was there, even at work.
    I won't lie I love the old school Italian deli's and a few of the old Italian restaraunts in North Beachs Little Italy, what's left of it and Fishermans wharf, I grew up in Tarantino's restaurant overlooking the Salmon stick boats. My Grandma used own half of the restaurant and family members were commercial salmon fishermen and crabbers. But I can't stand going into the city, way to iffy for me. I like going to a ball game a few times a yr, even though the trafic sucks I drive so I can park close to the park and get out of there fast.
    I won't ride BART the trains are disgusting at best...I pretty much hate SF and only go there once or twice a year now.

WHUP ! Hen, API and pgquackstacker like this.
  9. Brottboss

Brottboss Elite Refuge Member

Born in 69' in Oakland and lived my first 17years there before my dad moved us to the foothills.
    Used to ride our bikes thru Oakland/SF with zero incidents. Rode bikes on/thru every pier, not just 39. Back then they were all fishing piers, where us kids saw everything from massive salmon hauls to loads of fresh crab/eel/rockfish/you name it.
    Back then their wasn't the racial hatred there is now. Class warfare brought on by politics by Pelosi, Feinstein, Boxer, Waters, etc. I learned a couple truths at a young age to watch these crooked politicians, and from then on vote accordingly.
    I work in SF once or twice a year, but pushed it out of my territory as its turned into a third world city. I hate the place, it's disgusting, same with Oakland.
    Where I live now, Placer County, is one of the greatest counties I've ever dreamed of living, unfortunately it's in CA as well, but it IS a RED county.
    I've got a great standing job offer in Missoula, MT, but the wife doesn't want to leave the kids, time will tell. Probably one of the toughest things in my life right now, accepting to stay against my will.

WoodieSC, WHUP ! Hen and Fowler267 like this.
  10. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

Eh, when you gots to go, you gots to go. I prefer a good corn field, but to each their own. What say you @goosenazi? Are streets off limits?

goosenazi likes this.