Going with Real Geese Pro II's

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by field-n-feathers, Jul 11, 2011.

1. field-n-feathers

field-n-feathers Elite Refuge Member

I'm going with an all Pro II spread this season, and considering flocking all of the black on them. Going to keep the full bodies and shells, but I am looking to add 12-15 dozen Pro II's. Something about having all of your decoys in 4-5 bags sounds pretty damn good.

Anyone else flock their Pro II's? Do you really think it made a difference?

2. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

I seen pics of RG that were felted with fabric and they looked really good!

3. browndog66

browndog66 Senior Refuge Member

North Rustico, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    A good buddy of mine has 17 dozen and he has all the heads and tails flocked........I wasnt a believer but see and hunting over that spread changed my mind.

4. ksgoosekilr

ksgoosekilr Elite Refuge Member

I'm thinking about offloading the trailer and FBs for an all silo spread. Don't know what I'm going to do yet!

5. tripleb

tripleb Elite Refuge Member

These aren't RGII's. They're RGI's, with heads, necks and tails flocked and white areas retouched with UVision white paint. For comparison purposes, they're set up 2 by 2 against a friend's RG1's which are a couple of years old.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. field-n-feathers

field-n-feathers Elite Refuge Member

I know what you mean. I've been using Foots and GHG FFD shells for years. I've got no problem killing geese with what I have.......I'm just tired of carting it around and setting it all up. I've hunted over silly only spreads plenty of times and had no problems. I think it's all just a matter of confidence in what you're using.

7. chcltlabz

chcltlabz Elite Refuge Member

Just my opinion, but I would wait at least a year before flocking the pro IIs. The black on the fabric that I've seen the last few years is very deep and holds well. I don't think you would see much of an improvement the first year, maybe two. If they start to fade after a year, you can still do them. I don't see any noticeable fading from my year old RG, and I have flocked older ones in the past with great results.

8. GO BUCKS!

GO BUCKS! Senior Refuge Member

Actually your friends are Pro II's and they need washed.
    Quick shot with an open fanned pressure washer and they would pop right back to like new colors.
    I've cleaned a few in my day and the results are always the same.

9. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

Been there; done that; got the t-shirt. Couldn't be happier!

10. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Elite Refuge Member

Was talking about this the other day with my buddy...its too bad that RG hasn't developed some kind of foot base to get the decoys set up on hard or frozen ground.

Ive run v boards ( heavy, cumbersome, look stupid) and stake pockets ( picture a small metal tube that holds the stake with a 16 penny nail welded to one with a washer) and neither really save that much time. I am thinking some type of retractable tri pod or sand bag ( like a marine beer cooley) that you permanently cut the stake height down and use in place of putting stakes in the ground forever.