Gold 10 issue

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by blkduck, Oct 31, 2017.

1. PantherMartin

PantherMartin Elite Refuge Member

blkduck:

Since you stated your cleaning is up to par, you have a mechanical or part issue. Since it works perfectly running the action by hand, it sounds like you have a slow shell once in awhile during the speed of the action movement with a fired shot.

jzoo:

Anything that moves or there is friction, I have some kind of lube on it. I use several different lubes and Tetra Grease on some parts. It depends on the firearm and the part.

JP:

I'm not on the computer very much anymore and haven't been on here for quite awhile. This is Running Wolf. It's a long story why I'm PM. But I thought I'd give you a shout.

2. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

If all the cleaning and spring changing doesn't work then it's the shells you are using, unfortunately manufacturers are making everything like crap anymore. I've seen several instances of mostly 12 gauge shells with oversized brass recently, wouldn't surprise me if it happens with 10 gauge shells also.

3. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

Hmmm, well if I ever start to have issues I will give it a shot. Are you also putting lube inside your gas bracket? The only time I ever have problems is when powder builds up under the 2 rings causing them to expand and be too tight to move easily in the gas bracket.

4. PantherMartin

PantherMartin Elite Refuge Member

10GAGENUT:

I forgot about that. I even had an issue with it. I had to go through a whole case of shells a few years back to check if they would feed and chamber properly in a SBE. Remington 3-1/2" BBB 12ga. I found about a box out of a case. I shot those first shot only in a pump. You had to push them in the chamber by hand. They ejected fine. But I didn't know if they would until I tried a couple first.

jzoo:

I've never hunted with Browning gas autos. So your experience with that aspect may be best. I've hunted with Benelli, Browning A-5, Remington and Winchester on the auto side.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  5. blkduck

blkduck Senior Refuge Member

The shells are federal red box and sporting ammo (which are cheddite hulls i think)

6. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Federals you shouldn't be having problems with, the Cheddites after the brass expansion I experienced with them those could be a problem.