Good Article- Expert Dog Trainer Robert Milner Says Heck No to Shock Collars

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by bigbrit, Jan 21, 2013.

1. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

British dogs most certainly don't "suck." I own one closing in on 4K ducks in the blind, 500 points, placements in UK-style events and a consistent MH. There are multiple "british" HRCH/MH's in my neck of the woods. Its all in how they are trained.

However, running down the other guy's breeding and training methods to advance your marketing niche DOES suck, when you won't show up and keep score after you run your yapper.

2. EvanG

EvanG Elite Refuge Member

Absolutely right on the money! And that is the real rub so many trainer/hunters have with Milner. I'm confident many people have been happy with using his methods. Each of us chooses his/her standards. It's the vile, but consistent way it's marketed - totally unapologetically that remains the real problem.

EvanG

3. Mike Boufford

Mike Boufford Elite Refuge Member

A couple of buddies and I were once referred to as bad *** dog handlers uphere in Michigan. The comment was "you bad *** dog handlers come in here and make the rest of us look like fools". To whit I replied, "what is so bad *** about being prepared?". While I thoroughly enjoyed the compliment, I have never ever been referred to as bad *** for anything before or since. Hard *** yes, bad *** no; just ask my sons. :l

4. boykinhntr

boykinhntr Elite Refuge Member

I agree with that. I have had several conversations with Milner about his methods and is not just marketing. His mission in life is to create a culture of positive training. I don't really know why but he studies this stuff .

I wish he didn't bash others. It's hard to argue with success and programs like lardy graham and Hillmann have proven themselves.

5. Merganser Sluicer

Merganser Sluicer Elite Refuge Member

Agreed nothing wrong with British dogs or even British training methodology for a hunting dog.
    Robert Milner? His loud mouth, ideas and certainly his heavy criticism of Amercan dogs and training methods suck big time.

:tu