Goose Fingers?

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by BirdJ, Dec 27, 2015.

1. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

I have heard of something like chicken fingers before but its been awhile though!!! What are they? You slice the breast and batter and deep frying it and then have a dunking sauce to go with it? Was thinking about doing that with goose breasts. Any ideas or thoughts about doing something like this? Thanks

2. PJN36

PJN36 Senior Refuge Member

Cut the Breast into Strips or Nugget sized pieces.
    Coat with Mustard in a ziplock bag.
    Roll in bread crumbs and deep fry. Don't over cook.
    Don't forget the hot wing sauce either on the side or coated after they come out the fryer.

BirdJ likes this.
  3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I would also add the baking soda trick. Soak your strips or nuggets in water with about 5 tablespoons of baking soda, for about 20-30 minutes. It acts like a tenderizer. Rinse well, then try what PJN36 suggested.

BirdJ likes this.
  4. redjones

redjones Senior Refuge Member

One of my favorite ways to make goose.
    I cut them into bite size pieces then soak in salt water for a day or two,changing the water at least once.
    Then into an egg wash,zatarans breading,and a hot skillet with melted butter,fry till blood starts to raise out the top,flip,cook for two more minutes,eat.
    Dipping sauce is always good too,bbq or horseradish works pretty well.
    Dont over cook and dont cut the pieces to big.

Greg

BirdJ likes this.
  5. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for everyone's input!!!!:tu Going to test drive everyone of them! Thanks! For a dipping sauce, I was thinking of using orange marmalade, honey, cinnamon mixture or nutmeg and warming it up. Understand the not over cooking part.

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I can not stress the baking soda trick enough. If you picture Chinese pork nuggets, or Beef n Broccoli, how the meat kinda falls apart in your mouth? They use MSG. Baking soda does the same thing. Goose is tough, but 30 minutes in a soda soak, and it isn't anymore. It works best if the meat is 1/4"-3/8's thick. I have been doing this with all my wild meat for a couple of years now, and testing samples with my coffee hut customers. They all give it a thumbs up.

BirdJ likes this.
  7. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

BirdJ likes this.
  8. Zane

Zane Senior Refuge Member

Cut into bite size pieces, soak in salt water mixture for at least a day (I usually do 2-3 changing the water daily). Coat in Cajon shoreline batter and pan fry.