Goose help Duluth MN

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Todd seehus, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Todd seehus

Todd seehus New Member

I'm in need of help finding fields to hunt geese in within 20-40 min of Duluth MN. I am a respectful hunter always pick up after myself and with others leave behind willing to pay to hunt the land or help with work on the land.

2. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

I'm in need of someone to pay my house payment. Hey, doesn't hurt to ask. :dv Unbelievable how so many want everything given to them.

3. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Senior Refuge Member

Not a good first post!
    Good luck

4. Todd seehus

Todd seehus New Member

What's wrong with it. Cause I'm looking for new people to meet and new places to hunt. I don't see anything wrong with that. Plus said I would help work on land if they need it. Or just give them some cash for letting me use the land and resources

5. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Senior Refuge Member

That's your first sentence.
    Nothing wrong with looking for new hunting partners but don't lead off with a sentence like that.
    Also you may want to start a conversation in the Minnesota forum, a nice intro about yourself, hunting experience etc.

oatsie likes this.
  6. Big AL1

Big AL1 New Member

Waterfowl forums won't gain you much permission at all...we are all in the same boat...ha. Many looking for that glory hole full of birds! Best results I have had are to do some door knocking. Be prepared to hear "no" as well.
    Be yourself, and make good on any promises you mention to the landowner. Don't take more guys with you than you have permission for. Ask before you do...and always close the gates! ha. Good Luck.

7. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

There was a guy on here a while back,that would stir the pot with Fuge members and end up arguing about who knew how to hunt bettter,ended up guys would say come on down here and I will show you how to hunt,he took up a lot of challenges and ended up making a few friends, also some not so good friends.
    Not my style but it worked for him.

8. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

Find field, find land owner, ask permission. I live 7.5 hours from Duluth and didn't have any problem getting permission for a hay field next door to my cousin's place last fall, and that was within 10 miles of town. There are some doctors that have some good spots tied up, but that's the nature of the game dealing with a population center of that size.