Goose hunt around Denver

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Wade Finley, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Wade Finley

Wade Finley Senior Refuge Member

Hey guys. I was just informed by the wife that we are going to celebrate Christmas in Denver with her family. I agreed with the stipulation that I will be able to go shoot geese at least 2 mornings while there.

Here's the favor, would anyone be willing to have a tag a' long for a couple hunts around Christmas? I am willing to pay for the fuel and food as well as put up a mallard hunt in the lower Columbia Basin of Washington state for trade.

I realize that this is a long time away but I need to have something to look forward too seeing that I am spending the most Joyus time of the season with a bunch of crazy in-laws that I don't care to really be around.

Thanks in Advance!

Wade Finley

2. Alamosa

Alamosa Elite Refuge Member

You should be able to find a good hunt in that area at that time. There is some decent hunting that occurs there at that time.

Unfortunately all of the guys who would really know split this forum for another one some years ago.

You are smart to get this posted early. Hopefully we'll be able to find someone who can put you on the right track.

3. johnliester

johnliester Senior Refuge Member

If you don't mind the driv e a ways east we might get into some geese out by Bonnie Res. They hold good numbers and I have an uncle that lives close by. Lot's of corn fields out that way.

4. SkyCarp

SkyCarp Senior Refuge Member

I thought they were letting Bonny dry up this year to keep Kansas happy :mad:

5. Alamosa

Alamosa Elite Refuge Member

I believe that is true. Too bad. I have fond memories of hunting there as a youngster.