Goose Huntin'

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Pickle, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Pickle

Pickle Elite Refuge Member

The reasons I love huntin Canadians [​IMG].....ummmm I mean Canada Geese:

1: You can get to the field at 8 A.M. and not have to worry about missing any flocks cause they dont start flyin till about 8:30

2: Once you start setting out your decoys you will always have a single come in without making a single honk and before you can get your gun off your back he is already out of range.

3. You can use half of a tire turned inside out with a little white on the bottom as a decoy.

4. You can lay right out in the middle of your decoys and have geese land so close you can grab em with your hands.

5. There's nothin like killin your first goose of the season.

6. The way you can watch those big 747's come floatin in your decoys and you raise your gun and still manage to miss your first shot. (this happens to me alot hehehe)

7. You can always count on a flock of about 50 will try to land on your head after shootin hours and you are out pickin up your spread.

8. After a successful hunt you can always think of somethin you could have done differently that you just know would have gotten you that last bird to come in so you could fill your limit.

If any of you goose hunters have anymore to add to the list feel free.

Pickle

------------------
    "But to those whose hearts are stirred by the sound of whistling wings and quacking mallards, wildlife is....not merely an acquired taste.
    Aldo Leopold

come visit Pickle's Page www.geocities.com/tnwaterfowler/index.html

2. STEVO

STEVO Elite Refuge Member

you forgot to add the reason to why you arrived in the field so late. becuase you layed out alnight and have a hang over from hell and broke you alarm clock. good luck man and miss ya buddy.

and their not canadas their cananada's get it right.
    ------------------
    [Gen 9:2] And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every FOWL of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

[Gen 9:3] Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

[This message has been edited by STEVO (edited 01-05-2001).]

3. Pickle

Pickle Elite Refuge Member

I almost forgot my favorite reason.
    THE VICTORY DRINK after the hunt [​IMG]

Pickle

------------------
    "But to those whose hearts are stirred by the sound of whistling wings and quacking mallards, wildlife is....not merely an acquired taste.
    Aldo Leopold

come visit Pickle's Page www.geocities.com/tnwaterfowler/index.html