Gooseforsupper's awesome goose recipe...

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by Doug Nelson, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Doug Nelson

Doug Nelson Senior Refuge Member

Hi gang!
    I have not shared my favorite goose recipe on the Refuge yet, so enjoy this one, my friends and customers give it rave reviews. Makes goose taste close enough to beef steak that I take it to parties and all the women just gobble it up. :grvn My wife won't hunt anything she doesn't like to eat, so it really surprised me to see her at the sporting goods counter buying her duck stamps. :cool: It never lasts long when I share it cold in the goose pit.

Armenian Marinade

This is a fantastic marinade for lamb which is also great for geese, duck, beef, or anything else you want to try it on.

3 pounds meat cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes
    1 medium onion coarsely chopped
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    3 teaspoons salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    1 teaspoon oregano
    1 teaspoon cumin powder
    1/2 teaspoon allspice
    1 whole bay leaf crumbled or powdered
    2 cloves garlic minced or pressed

Coat meat with onion and oil. Mix seasonings and sprinkle over meat. Cover tightly and marinate 1 to 3 days in the refrigerator. You can then package it into serving sizes and refreeze for later.

This makes a great Shish Kebab, or just throw the meat on the grill. With goose and duck you want the meat to be medium rare. I grill goose cubes in the grill for 6 to 8 minutes and they come out great. Serve immediately right off the grill.
    ##Variation #1: Saute some jalapeno pepper slices in butter, roll the goose chunk up in a half slice of turkey bacon with a slice of the jalapeno inside. Put a toothpick through it and grill until the bacon is done, about 8 minutes.

##Variation #2: In a plastic zip-lock bag, mix flour, basil, black pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Shake the marinated goose pieces in the bag and then fry them in butter or margarine until golden brown. Like little goose nuggets. Tasty!!

Enjoy this recipe, it makes goose taste great. Surprise those who can't stand goose.

2. DMBgoosehunter13

DMBgoosehunter13 Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for sharing have to give them a try.