Gopro footage

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Tbgoose, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Tbgoose

Tbgoose Refuge Member

Would you rather see lots of kill shots or birds working with a few kill shots?

calstefanko likes this.
  2. Petterson

Petterson Senior Refuge Member

Personally, I make a montage with the birds final approach & guns up into each group. Music in the back ground and lots of shooting-some groups a lot fall, some only a few.
    Getting all the circles of birds, all the fly bys, 3 landing with 30 working, etc can make a video long and people loose interest.

If there is footage of an unusual or interesting flock doing something out of the norm then yes, love to see it! But to many times we see the same footage of 5 birds locked up from 1/4 mile away come right in to land and take up 45 seconds of video.

What do you want to see when you watch someone's goose hunting video- kill shots or elongated videos of birds circling and circling and finally landing or a cut away because the birds flew on or 35 seconds of guys picking up birds? Whichever you prefer is what I would put into the video you plan on making.

I personally don't prefer watching a 10 min video with very little shots and listening to people just talk. Talk about decoys, themselves, the previous flock, who's there etc. I want to see footage. I understand they had a great time- but the audience is looking for action, not personal opinions on what happened.

This is my personal view on the topic & making a video. Others will disagree but that's what I like to see in a video & how I make mine.

3. calstefanko

calstefanko Senior Refuge Member

I think clips of geese working and then the kill shot makes for a great video with light music in the background. Nothing annoys me more than heavy metal music blaring, i like listening to the geese coming in.

4. Petterson

Petterson Senior Refuge Member

A light background of some CCR songs is always solid choice!

5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

[​IMG] I can't stand music on hunting videos. Let me hear what the birds are doing, how the guys are calling, talking about when to take the shot, and the actual shooting. It's fun to watch groups of snows working then finally committing, having the guys nearly cry as they pass overhead but not commit, etc. Try to use the narrow FOV setting, otherwise the birds look 90 miles away on the videos.

6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Here is one of my very first videos from about 3 years ago. Critiquing it now, I would cut the opening about 30 seconds, until the action bit. If I have lots of videos and action shots, you'll get about 5 or 6 seconds as the birds come in, the shot, and I try to follow the bird down to the ground, then on to the next one. Our attention spans are low, so if you can do it all in about 20 seconds per session, all the better.

My original video:

A newer video from this year: The first 90 seconds or so , you get to see me paddle in, set up the decoys, hide the kayak, then shoot the birds, and paddle out, with about 10 seconds of comments in the thing. No music, no ads , no barrel stickers, no promotions. Just hunting.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Over The Decoys likes this.
  7. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

I don't listen to music when I hunt. So... JUST SAY NO TO WATERFOWL HUNTING VIDEO MUSIC!

8. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Just say no to GoPro footage

reeltime likes this.
  9. calstefanko

calstefanko Senior Refuge Member

what makes you say that?

10. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

Bang, always enjoy your videos