Gopro footage

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Tbgoose, Jan 24, 2017.

1. calstefanko

calstefanko Senior Refuge Member

what part of wyoming do you hunt?

2. Tbgoose

Tbgoose Refuge Member

S
    Southeast

3. Shot Caller

Shot Caller Senior Refuge Member

I'm gonna have to agree with Trevor on this. Learn to read birds and you will kill more on traffic hunts or over goose poop.

4. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Good. I just figured they were too close and its easy to miss if your patterns are the size of dinner plates or smaller. I've seen lots of those on snow geese with 7 or 8 shooters banging away and 3 or 4 bird fall out of a flock from 20+ shots. Hard to watch those. When you have a bunch of shooters, I think you have to have a camera behind with a wide angle to catch everything. Having a 160-170 degree FOV 10 or 15 yds back behind the blind should cover most of it I would think, and maybe a tight POV camera on a gun or on the head to catch individual shooters , and edit them together. I think I'll try more of that next year. I only tried it once, and this camera was put about 15 yds behind the blind, and has a 120 degree FOV. It is a compromise of course. Birds will seem farther away and less detailed, and you almost have to time your shots to be on camera. On the second group here, the third bird I shoot is off camera, but a 170 degree GoPro may have caught it. I had a second camera clipped onto my cap, but unfortunately it had mud on the lens, and I couldn't edit both videos together. I thought of even doing a split screen to be unique. Maybe next year.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  5. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Lots of jumpy/jerky camera work - you will give your viewers motion sickness...this goes to what T-Rex is talking about. There are very few who can shoot both a gun and video and have it come out decently.

6. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

It's really not that hard to put a decent video together. This is an example of a 1 camera(Canon70D with 100-400mm lens), 1 camera man(me), 1 morning hunt, and probably 2-3 hrs of editing. I had no training other than reading the internet and watching YouTube at the time I made this.

calstefanko likes this.
  7. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Nice having a dedicated cameraman . Much better quality.

8. Tbgoose

Tbgoose Refuge Member

I only video to show my friends. After I'm Done with the camera footage I'll post it up. Just thought some of you might like to see a little. The last four times out have not lasted more than 30 minutes to limit 4 to 6 of us out. I do like the feedback and if you guys like I will share more.

9. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Personally to me if you dont have a dedicated cameraman for a hunt you might as well not even post it. Just my opinion.

10. COHonkers

COHonkers Refuge Member

Trevor
    I really liked your video. How do you like that camera setup? I'm in the market. Do you use a microphone as well?