Gorka,........ you gone!

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Ramblingman, Aug 25, 2017.

1. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I understand its not easy. I've heard the war stories from my son who is an internal affairs detective for one of the country's largest agencies. For sure every act by an officer is potential fodder for investigation. Most acts by officers are justified and well supported, but as happens in every life not everything is perfect. That's a difficult burden to carry. If there was public data, I'd bet that the vast majority of complaints about officer action would be determined to be unfounded. Still, as the saying goes... a single boo boo cancels out 10,000 good acts.

2. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Intuition is often subtle unconscious signals that are brains interpret and are able to utilize in some meaningful way.

Generally my wife will look at her iPad in bed while relaxing before going to sleep… Same thing every night. Without her looking or speaking to me, I can very often tell when she is “not happy” with me (for something that I have no idea that I did, or did not do but was supposed to)… I cannot tell you why or how I know, but somehow, some subtle nuance gives me some warning… Could be her breathing rate, or some subtle posture change, but I could not tell you…

Just for clarification… This is when I walk in, put my phone on the dresser, and retreat to a safe location to try and think of what it is that I did or need to do, and hopefully remedy the situation before re-entry…

I believe that many good police officers base at least some of their actions off of "intuition" that would likely not hold up in court... But in which there is valid reasoning for....

3. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Native thanks for saying what Leo's are,suppose to do.

Thugs that stole our jeep, used it for two weeks hitting neighborhoods because a 2014 jeep driving around in better neighborhoods than the pos they owned.

They knew that a pos was likely to be profiled as crime car. So a hooptie pos driven by a white ,black or whomever is likely to be stopped.

Sorry but don't claim its racial .

4. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

The intuitive process is often referred to as BS detection. One should never discount its value.

5. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Eel, this was from earlier in the thread, but it struck me as particularly painful for someone such as the family of Kate Steinle. Oh how I bet the they tear at their hearts that the law enforcement officials of SF decided that they do not need to be subject to laws they deem frivolous.

6. Squaller

Lord knows... It would serve anyone utilizing this forum...:D

API likes this.
  7. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

It doesn't take long on the PAF to realize that everyone here believes they have their senses finely tuned. It also doesn't take long to realize that some apparently seldom shower.

Ducker 4 Ever, Squaller and hobbydog like this.
  8. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

The rule of law is arguably much about putting boundaries on intuition. With that, the question is what to do when intuition is wrong and infringes on others rights, per the rule of law, and how often incorrect intuition is to be allowed.

9. Squaller

I shower on the 1st of the month, every month, whether I need it or not...

10. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Your defending illegals being allowed to stay unfettered. Intuition says bad things will come out of that ignoring of the law.