GOT MILK?!!

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Greybeard, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

WE'VE GOT ICE!!!
    For the first time in several years we have some "real" ice building. Like in 6 to 8".
    O.K. you guys up North stop laughing...we know you don't talk ice in inches!!
    Hope to give it a try next Sunday.

2. High Velocity

High Velocity Senior Refuge Member

Congrats on the ice. I hear we have lots but it's been way too cold to check it out myself, -20 at night w/o windchill!! How much snow did you get down there?? Good luck if ya get out.

3. Greybeard

About 5" today and still comin' down.
    Supposed to end soon but my old Indian Grandfather always said "White weatherman speak with forked Forecast"! HAR!

Have you ever fished the headwaters of the
    Mississippi above Minn./St. Paul for Smallmouth Bass. It's hard for us to believe the Big Miss is that clear up there but we're considering trying it in June next Summer.
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Dan

4. High Velocity

High Velocity Senior Refuge Member

Don't fish that far south at all. We've got several lakes that hold smallies up here and really nice sized ones. Also some of those lakes also have muskies. If you need any info let me know and I will email you.

5. Greybeard

Kool! Thanks a lot. I may be needing some info as I've never fished Minnesota.

6. featheredfriend

featheredfriend Elite Refuge Member

we're actually getting some winter weather this yr too! only about a foot of ice in the smaller ponds yet and about 5-8 inches in the larger ones. did have a bunch of snow the other day and now rain today so that will make lots of ice. still some ducks hangin around in the salt h2o bays too.

------------------
    keep em locked and on the hook
    feather

7. Krappie

Krappie Senior Refuge Member

<html><bold>Frozen milk here Greybeard!!! </bold></html>he,he,he. How's she been my friend? Hopefully well. Sorry I haven't been around, but I won't give you any excuses...that won't get me anywhere. I hope the duck season has been good for you and I hope to see ya around. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope Santa is good to ya.

catch ya later,
    Krappie

[This message has been edited by Krappie (edited 12-22-2000).]