GPS unit?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Mar 4, 2018.

1. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

I can’t say for sure if my locator would or wouldn’t have worked, as I didn’t download maps prior to heading out. Just repeating what I was told. My phone a Droid Note 5. They wanted 30% more for the 2nd year than the first.

As far as cost of the chip, I have a Cabelas close to home and got it out of the Bargain Cave for $30.

I would have kept OnX if they would have matched last years price, and I didn’t have such a bitter taste about my 1st experience with them. With that said, I will have a map App one way or the other, before Sept 1

2. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

What's the deal with the memberships? If you have the Elite do you have access to all 50 states?

3. Mean Gene

Talked to onX and the answer is yes. I can have it on 2 mobile devices and my computer at the same time. Ordered the membership at Muley Freak for $75 shipped, so I'll save $25 on the first year. :tu

sisqsprig likes this.
  4. sisqsprig

sisqsprig Senior Refuge Member

Yes, elite gets you all 50 states.

5. sisqsprig

sisqsprig Senior Refuge Member

Whoops I shoulda read your last post before replying. :tu

6. Mean Gene

Learned I can have the program on 1 computer and 2 mobile devices. I'll start with it on my phone, and we have an 8" tablet. I'll need to get a GPS antennae to plug into the tablet, but that will take care of the driving around issue with a screen that's actually big enough to see. Then I can switch to the phone. I also will have a hand held GPS coming so I'll have to option to switch to that if I want. There's a lot more to advancing into the 21st century than I thought there was. :l

7. Real Green

Real Green Elite Refuge Member

I am surprised your tablet doesn't already have GPS. Tablets are pretty cheap. How much is the GPS antennae? Maybe it's a good time to invest in a new tablet that's dedicated to hunting, skip the GPS unit.