Grassland Public Meeting - Sept 9

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by DuckFan, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

Good catch.............never noticed that but clearly it does say that. I think the quota is 40 for the opener though but I can confirm.

2. Calikev

Calikev Elite Refuge Member

No had nothing to do with hunters deciding it. It was to help the staff out as it was apparently an issue managing folks on the list when they had a long list of choices but would keep passing on spots then expecting to keep their spot. It isn't really that complicated to scratch that off the first guys list of choices and then move on down the line but the staff disagrees I guess.

3. mark seaters

mark seaters Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Kevin... I don't think posts are in the likes of complaining, but more in just general conversation and awareness..ya maybe a little bitching...just a little.:l:nutz This old guys can't handle the stupidness or laziness within our public services, its not that complicated ... Yes emails and phone calls would be good ...I have had many conversations with staff and I believe Rick has also..and we are still in the same place, no refills how many years has it been now, 3 or 4 that nobody can come up with a plan !

Thanks again CK for all you do !

Dan Mallia likes this.
  4. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

Insane.

A complete Charlie Foxtrot.

5. mark seaters

Come on down one day Dan... I'll show ya just how nice you northern boys have it..I can't really believe why guys even hunt this smelly crap water we have down here..makes ducks so tasty..

6. tule

tule Elite Refuge Member

Wow, shows how long it has been since ive been to the K, I thought the morning crew had to be out by like 11:00 am and the afternoon crew could go in only when everyone from the morning was checked out? I was told that the reason was because it was too dangerous for people to pass on the canal road........:confused:

I didnt realize they dont back fill at all............Just like LDC blinds

7. mark seaters

Ya... I guess it has been a while...

Now days its a no refill and you can hunt all day if your lucky enough to draw a ressi in the over loaded ressi system !... if everyone is out by say noon, they set empty all day, with the loss of hunter access and income for the refuge system (refuge passes) x's ever how many hunters hunt..can be as much as 300.00 per hunt day for the program of the back blinds.

It use to be 2 oclock that they had to be out of the back... and of course guys would push it and not check out till 2:15 or so, cause they where tippin a few in the lot or finishing up their BBQ .... :dohso guys that were waiting started bitching and because there is only one staff on duty and they could not leave check station, they had to call the LB GW to enforce the rules for them, who would have to stop what he was doing and drive over to the K only to find out the guys have left.. Of course he was frustrated and had to drive back,,,

I blame the change on the GW complaining about their waste of time, the hunters not rolling with the rules and the check station staff not clearly talking to all the parties hunting the back blinds and explaining whats up.. with the program.

The road is just a excuse they use..to me its pretty simple.. IF every one is out, refill should be no problem at all !!! If not then refill on the hour and leave on the 1/2 hour, but again this is up to the staff to do a little extra effort to communicate with the three blinds back there.

But from what I'm reading and learning now days is that "the system" is trying simplify things and make it easier for the staff and their work load...I mean we are talking about a small had fiull of guys that show up to whack the over load of spoonies that love that place ! Just a tad bit of extra effort and a program would work..

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  8. Refugeguy

Refugeguy Senior Refuge Member

Same for ldc blinds but sure makes pm hunts better