Great Dog Passes

Discussion in 'Gun Dog Forum' started by BAYDOG, Nov 5, 2017.

1. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN CGC WDS TDI "Gumbo" The Professors aka David McCracken , hunting buddy. He was fine the prior day, ate like a typical AWS, went for their daily evening walk. In the middle of the night he vomited blood and was lethargic. At 7am when the vet opened David was there with him and they rushed him into surgery only to find he was full of cancer. He had several cancerous tumors on his spleen and the cancer had spread to his liver.This type of cancer is virtually undetectable until it is too late. Before a decision could be made, he passed on the table during the surgery. So he went fast with almost no suffering. The Professor and Gumbo were one of the main reasons I am as active in the AWSC Inc. that I am. My heart breaks for David and his beautiful wife.
    Gumbo is the highest pointed AWS in HRC history with well over 1500 points. He excelled at all the things asked of him, and enjoyed every second of it! 23117009_2023395334354336_7947042801993401646_o.jpg

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Nothing sadder than losing our four-legged hunting partners. I'm sorry for your loss. Cherish the memories of an obviously special dog and the accomplishments and achievements you attained together. Condolences from my family to yours.

3. Doc E

Doc E Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I am deeply saddened by this. I never met Gumbo or David in person, but their accomplishments were enjoyed even by their 'internet friends'.

4. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Very sad to hear, and something all of us with dogs know too well. Sounds like a wonderful dog that lived a great life.

5. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Have heard enough about him to feel he was family. My condolences to all who loved him.

6. professor

professor Elite Refuge Member

Thank you for your condolences. Gumbo was my best friend and hunting buddy. We traveled to hunt tests all over the country and to hunting destinations everywhere. He was well known in the retriever and spaniel world. I don't know how I'm going to go forward without him. There'll never be another Gumbo.

7. HarryWilliams

HarryWilliams Elite Refuge Member

Professor, As difficult as it is, I'm sure you will "go forward" as the pride and love you have for Gumbo will see you through. Please accept my condolences. Harry

8. Irishwhistler

Irishwhistler Senior Refuge Member

Sad to see any gun dog pass on. Beyond sad seeing such a grand dog as GUMBO pass. Me heart goes out to ye Dave.

Irishwhistler

9. professor

professor Elite Refuge Member

UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo RN MHA WDS TDI FullSizeRender (2).jpg It's going to be hard to hunt without him. He was my best friend.

10. P Frey

P Frey Senior Refuge Member

People who are not "dog people" do not understand when you say "he/she was my best friend" when you are talking about your dog. I sir, agree with you. My Leah is my best friend right now. I kept one of her pups. She also is a good dog (except for the growling at strangers) but she's no Leah. So sorry for your loss!

Irishwhistler likes this.