Green Horn from SD/PHX

Discussion in 'Member Intros, Announcements, Refuge Gang Events' started by STiCKY, Sep 26, 2017.

1. STiCKY

STiCKY New Member

Name is Steve, 24, born and raised in San Diego, Ca. In 2015 My GF and I moved to Peoria, Az. on the West side of Phoenix. I commute back and forth between there and San Diego for work. I am a Deckhand on the F/V Mission Belle, a 3/4 day boat out of Point Loma Sportfishing. Grew up fresh and salt water fishing. Have worked in the sportfishing industry since 2012 in offices at the landing, tackle stores and on the boats. Have worked on a few different boats including the Fortune and Point Loma. Growing up in southern California, hunters are kinda far and few between. My dad was always way more into fishing than hunting. I have recently taken up hunting kinda on my own with a few friends.

I shot my first gun when I was 9, a 22lr single action revolver. I shot my first shotguns and rifles when I was 12. I got back into guns a few years ago, I own a 1911 Rock Island in .45, an 870 express in 12g, my GF has a Wingmaster in 20g, we have a .38spl from her grandfather as well as a Mossberg 500. I recently swapped the laminate stock and fore end out for synthetic camo on my 870 so I have a little hands on knowledge of minor gunsmith work. Got a few dove in the opening season this year, and have been anticipating duck season.

Obviously AZ. & Southern Ca. aren't the best places in the world to hunt but the opportunity is there. I look forward to a totally new challenge. I kinda got burnt out on fishing. Not quitting just looking into something new. I have been buying all the stuff I need to pursue this new hobby. I ordered waders, decoys, clothing, accessories... With Licenses and permits and everything I figure I am 1,000.00 invested with gun included. I think my investment is legitimate and my expectations are real.

Aside from hunting and fishing, I love off road trucks, camping, hiking etc, I love the outdoors. Thanks again for having me on your wonderful site, I am a sponge looking to learn and grow as a waterfowl hunter. I won't be as newbie as some, I am a moderator on a site for fishing in SD. Hope to learn lots and maybe make some friends to hunt with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

For sure up front... welcome to the 'fuge! Be sure to check the CA and AZ flyway sub forums. Theee's a wealth of information in there. From you fishing background it sounds like you have a lot to share yourself. :tu

Bloody Decks????

3. STiCKY

STiCKY New Member

Most definitely, always willing to share my knowledge as well. Thanks for the warm welcome. No not a big BD fan, to much animosity, I mod for SDFish under the same handle "sticky".

4. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

It's good to have you here at the Refuge - you'll like this place.

It looks like you've been hit by the lousy photobucket policy change as well. Unfortunately none of your pictures are coming through. You might want to swap them to another site or just upload them here as our site allows that.

Welcome!

5. STiCKY

STiCKY New Member

Yea I just pulled all my photos from there and deleted the account.