1. TiredWetDog

TiredWetDog New Member

Thanks for all the good info. I’m finishing up my third season waterfowling and I keep getting more hooked. I’m from the Mid Ohio River Valley, and while we’re never exactly covered up in birds here, I have definitely had fun. I decided to get into waterfowling mostly because I wanted to train and own a gundog, and that meant if I wanted to hunt wild birds, I would become a duck hunter. I knew absolutely no one who duck hunted. Compared to other types of hunting, waterfowling has a very limited tradition around these parts. I have tried to soak up every bit of info I can. I am limited both financially and by time to hunt the way I would like, but I have been blessed by some good hunts, pretty scenery, and fun dog work.
    Good hunting to you all

2. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome to the Refuge - sounds like you've got the right mindset! Having a gundog is awesome. Hunting is such an improved experience with a good dog by your side.

Be sure to check out the Gundog sub-forum here if you haven't already.

3. API

API PAF-CA Flyway Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard! :tu

4. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

TiredWetDog...Glad to have you here on the forums. You sound like an enthusiastic hunter, and I think you'll find this site informative.