Grizzly tracker

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by duckhunter44, May 31, 2018.

1. duckhunter44

duckhunter44 Refuge Member

Curious on all of your thoughts on them? Looking at a 17' and in my research i've found mixed reviews. Thanks for you input !

2. RTIC

RTIC Senior Refuge Member

Ive got a 2003 1860 side console with a 75hp mercury on the back. Great boat. Open floor plan with a BT 1700 series blind. I dont go thru some of the rough stuff most due here but for the lake i hunt it does great.

Attached Files:

3. thatguy2

thatguy2 Elite Refuge Member

I’ve owned a grizzly as well as another tracker boat. Grizzly looked like an 8 yr old had done the welding on it. It didn’t leak in the short time I owned it and got me from point A to point B fine. Fit and finish on my Pro Team 175 was equally as bad. I just don’t like Mercury outboards. Actually looking at ordering an 1860 or 2072 right now but have it come with no engine and put a Yamaha on it. That or just buy a G3 and I’d be done. I like the G3 boats better, just not the price. Good luck with your search.

4. likesbigspreads

likesbigspreads Elite Refuge Member

My dad has a 1648 Grizzly. He does not use it much, but for a welded boat it flexes like crazy when running any sort of chop. Never have broke a weld, but I bet if we used it as our main duck boat the welds would not hold up.

5. CA Hunter

CA Hunter Senior Refuge Member

I have 2005 1448 Grizzly. While it is a little on heavier side for its size, it is built like a tank. I cannot be happier. Very steady, with tree people fishing and fighting sturgeons i never felt that it can overturn, same with hunting. No leaks or anything else
    Now i have 30HP 2017 Suzuki on it. It runs 30-32MPH with three of little 3 boys (220-250LB each) and fishing/hunting gear
    The new designs i do not like much due to side consoles( or how you call it) which leave less room inside , but otherwise, same tank