Ground blind anyone?

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by Bowhunter57, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Bowhunter57

Bowhunter57 Senior Refuge Member

I tried ground blind hunting last fall, but didn't have my window screens in and had some bad reactions to the blind. I've been told by others that have been using them for a while, to keep the screens in or game animals will see the dark holes (which aren't natural in nature) and will avoid the blind.

Anyone else give them a try?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

2. Batman74

Batman74 Moderator Moderator

Speaking of ground blinds, I have heard you can shoot thru the screen is this correct? If you can doesn't it affect the arrows flight?

3. LittandJake

LittandJake Elite Refuge Member

that is correct Batman. I have several friends bow hunting turkeys from Double Bull Blinds and they love them.

4. Batman74

Thats very cool to know. With all the hype about hunting products, sometimes they won't do as advertised. Do they affect the arrow flight any or do you know?

5. Ole Mossy

Ole Mossy Elite Refuge Member

I havent used one Batman but have several friends that do use them and they have never had a problem with the screen messing with their shot. They say the best thing to do is just dont think about it being there because that will mess you up more than the net.

6. Batman74

That makes sense about not thinking about it. Kinda like golf the more I think about my shot the worst it usually is.

7. Negissimo

Negissimo Senior Refuge Member

Tthe Double Bull is the king of the ground blind. From my experiences I would say that if you're in the market for a ground blind get yourself a Double Bull, or at least a blind with plenty of room. It's more pain then it's worth to save a few bucks on a small blind.

8. pudldux

pudldux Elite Refuge Member

Double Bull is the way to go. I can set the T2 up in less than 10 seconds once I get it out of the bag. Also in almost total silence.

9. rouser1

rouser1 Senior Refuge Member

Iowa....juuuuust a bit outside West Des Moines
    I have a Double Bull T5, it is just plain awesome. I know 7 other guys that have been hunting out of them for years. I haven't seen any type arrow flight affected by shooting through the mesh screen.