Ground up boat blind build

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Rich Chamberlin, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Rich Chamberlin

Rich Chamberlin Refuge Member Sponsor

Designed and built this blind boat a few years ago using fiberglass composite material, then covered boat with a fabric that I applied onto a wet coat of resin then over coated with
    a dead flat clear polyurethane. (made the boat look professional) The pull up side panels are bungie cord loaded to hold them in the upright position. Those solid panels do nice job of keeping the wind out.
    My only problem is that i did not include enough free board at the bow which becomes evident with three hunters in the boat and two 100 lb. Labs in the bow dog box. (Why two dogs you ask, as I tell my friends, " It;s because I only shoot doubles", they think it"s BS too. Hope this
    sparks some ideas for future boat blinds. Thanks, Rich View attachment 182496 View attachment 182496 View attachment 182496 View attachment 182496 View attachment 182499 View attachment 182496 View attachment 182499

Attached Files:

tcc, xpress1650 and Duane Read like this.
  2. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Nice work. I am amazed at the talent of some guys on the forum. Probably because building something like that is more talent than I have!

3. Luv2Decoy

Luv2Decoy Senior Refuge Member

Really sweet build. Enjoy the good shoots

4. DWB5

DWB5 Senior Refuge Member

Love the blind. Wish I had the know how to build something like that! Very nice work!!!

5. ducksinwv

ducksinwv Senior Refuge Member