Grounds Wedge

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by SB, Jun 9, 2018.

1. SB

SB Senior Refuge Member

Hi folks, I recently picked up a Grounds G Overhauler with TC guts and I need to replace the wedge. Does anybody have a wedge or know of a wedge I could use with a TC tone board that won't cost me a fortune? Any wedges I have are too small.

Thanks, SB.

Also, has anybody had good results trying a different brand of broke in guts in their Grounds call? What others would fit?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. 30# MERGANSER

30# MERGANSER Senior Refuge Member

Call Tim He will take care of you

3. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member

Stick with the TC Guts in that call! Can I ask why you need a new wedge? Anyway, you can still use a too small wedge by placing and trimming a piece of adhesive tape to the flat part of the wedge. It may take several pieces of tape but it will work in a pinch for ya. Best bet is to call tim and have him send you a wedge or two via the USPS to defray shipping costs.

4. SB

SB Senior Refuge Member

I figured the TC guts are the best way to go but the wedge IS too small and I hate doing the tape on the bottom of wedge thing. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet, just thought I'd ask you guys first.
    Thanks.

5. calling4life

calling4life Elite Refuge Member

I hate doing the tape thing too. I actually put a set of my very old Zink rounded black guts in my Grounds Robbie Iverson Secret call and it is noticeably more to my liking. They are very broke in, it still has more natural crack, seems to have a bit more volume to it, trick notes on the bottom end still get gnarly.

I'm also not one to like running different guts in goose calls, I want what the manufacturer designed the call with, in the call, but I wasn't using the call because I didn't care for the set up with the TC's in it, now I run the call often...

6. SB

SB Senior Refuge Member

That's the kind of thing I was wondering about.

7. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Instead of tape, add a few drops of Krazy glue to the bottom of the wedge. After it dries sand it down to get it to fit how you want it to. :yes:tu