Grouse score card

Discussion in 'Upland Game Forum' started by poorshot, Nov 16, 2011.

1. poorshot

poorshot Guest

I know this probably isn't politically correct but does anyone keep track of how many Ruffed Grouse or Woodcock they bag a year? I started after someone told me they got 25 last year, so far this year with my 2.5 year old and 11 month old German Shorthairs I have 14 Grouse and 1 woodcock, the season hasn't ended yet for grouse so I hope to get a few more couldn't even begin to guess how many I missed will try to keep track of that next year. I hope to double whatever I get this year next year. A few ducks more too.

2. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

Sounds awesome - need some pics of those!

3. poorshot

poorshot Guest

Sorry I haven't been taking pictures, never bagged more then 2 in one day and I would post some pics of my dogs but I'm not sure how, next year I'm going to buy a better camera too.

4. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

I got about 15 using my 5 year old chevy.... J/K

5. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

Here is a pick from opening day with jax's first grouse. Tough hunting in the early season with all those leaves.

Attached Files:

6. poorshot

poorshot Guest

I love the early season I shoot right thru the leaves, if I lived where you live I would have bagged about 100 grouse this year, going back up there after deer season's over.

7. poorshot

poorshot Guest

8. poorshot

poorshot Guest

9. poorshot

poorshot Guest

10. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

During deer season (Dangerous) and after are my favorite times to hunt. I only got out a hand full of times so far just for grouse but I actually have shot more on the way to the duck hole with 3 inch 2 shot LOL. Its been a good year for grouse as far as I can tell. Seen probably 10 layups I could of had while deer hunting last weekend. Good Luck!!