Guess we need a sea duck forum?

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by TonyH, Dec 7, 2016.

1. TonyH

TonyH Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

The diver forum is full of sea duck guides posts. Any change to add a sea duck forum page?

2. Jerky

Jerky Senior Refuge Member

The fact that Frank's whistler post has garnered 3k+ views and is still rising to the to since the end of Sept. supports your proposition...or us freshwater diver hunters are not posting new material.

3. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

From day one the refuge's Diver forum has been encompassed for divers and sea ducks. Looking at the postings, I would say, the small amount of traffic the diver forum is getting, making another divisive forum, would water down that traffic even more. Like a TV, change the channel if you don't like the show.. or don't click on the threads.

bufflehead1 likes this.
  4. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Oh, BTW -- if you take a look at the sponsors that contribute to this diver forum, 8 of them cater to sea duck hunters and hunting.... that's 8 out of the 11.

Just saying.

bufflehead1 likes this.
  5. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

OK for you to post sea duck decoy pictures but not for them to post sea duck hunting pictures?
    OK for you to post "decoy sale" threads but not for them to post sea duck hunting threads?
    OK for you to post layout boat threads but not for them to post sea ducks?

You know there is a decoy forum right?
    You know there is a boat forum right?
    You know there is a blinds forum right?
    You know there is a Ohio forum right? (Of course you do. How much cheaper was it to sponsor that forum than these others for years just so you could say you were a sponsor and advertise on the other forums without forking out the $$$$ to sponsor them?)

seaduckhunt and Duck Wrangler like this.
  6. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

In the past, the Diver forums has been one of the more popular forums, an is generally dedicated to duck hunting related topics...

But I do not think that the lack of activity or lack of actual "diver" posts is due to sea duck hunting posts. It is due to a lack of guys posting up about diver hunting.

In general, traffic is down on the forums, but seems to be slowly increasing. Want to see more "diver" activity... Post up.

Personally, I have always associated sea ducks and divers in the same category...

seaduckhunt likes this.
  7. TonyH

No harm meant, just making an observation based on threads this year on the diver forum.

8. TonyH

Obviously you don't pay much attention to our sponsorship, We currently sponsor 3 pages actually. divers forum, decoy forum and the boat forum. and have the past several years. And I do post things here because its dead. I wasn't trying to start a pissing match, simply stating that this year there seems to be more sea duck related posts here than diver hunting posts. And maybe another page could work as well.

9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

And I think this would be the deciding factor.

seaduckhunt likes this.
  10. TonyH

Years ago I would agree, but Sea Ducks now days are there own breed. Tons and tons of sea duck guides out there that are exclusively chasing them. But you could be correct that the traffic just wouldn't support another separate forum at this time. just thinking out load is all. no worries.