Guess we need a sea duck forum?

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by TonyH, Dec 7, 2016.

1. markd

markd Elite Refuge Member

Seaducks are not considered divers by diver hunters. We will kill them, but they are not our focus. I live and hour and a half from where Pitboss shoots all his video. It's not hard to go kill them if you want to and have the proper/safe equipment. I have 150 diver decoys, layout boat, big vhull..... I have zero scoter/old squaw decoys. Everyone around here knows someone with a seaduck rig (3-4 dozen decoys). Used to be once or twice a year we go out and kill seaducks to give the dogs a nice tuneup, now with the season cut back, it's just not as popular.

The videos are advertising for the outfitters, which is fine. It's funny to watch the **** poor shooting.

2. BigAlD

BigAlD Senior Refuge Member

This cold weather coming in should get some diver posts. To me they are both open water ducks and I enjoy both.

3. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Well said, I think if you spit the forum, there will be zero traffic. I say, you want more freshwater stuff, then post it. There are great opportunities for freshwater hunts, and a ton of Seaduck opportunities on the Great Lakes now as well. So post up guys.

4. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

TonyH I don't believe I ever see you post up any hunt pics or stories only highlight your product which by all means you are a sponsor, but let's see some hunting pictures

5. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

If someone wasn't pushing his service, there wouldn't be so much. Look at the post as little ads. He's a sponsor, so it's fine. That's what being a sponsor gets you. If they made a sea duck forum, he would just have to put the ads on both to reach as many people as he can.

It's just my opinion, but business must be slow for him to be pushing like that, I've never seen him so aggressively sell his service before.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  6. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

I am not sure splitting the 2 would solve anything. I personally enjoy seeing all the pics of successful and comical hunts. Our sponsors hunt Sea Ducks, Divers, and Brant. Keep it all together.

Mayes

seaduckhunt and Duck Wrangler like this.
  7. TonyH

TonyH Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I spend little time hunting now days. but since you asked. Here is a few photos.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TonyH

TonyH Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Dan, I wish that was the case. We are staying plenty busy with decoys and boats Ive hunted a total of 8 days this season.1 wtih my son smashing sea ducks from the Kalash 2 man gunning over all Homer Sea Duck Decoys.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I'm not a seaducker, being here in Minnie, but I sure like seeing photos!

Ringbill

10. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

Tony, that wasn't directed at you. By the way the two men Kalashs look great.