Guess What?

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by 1995 US1, Oct 20, 2011.

1. 1995 US1

1995 US1 Moderator Moderator

On the floor if they wanna stay in the boat. This ain't no pleasure cruise, this is a duck hunting ride. This is not for your comfort, this is to get us and our equipment from point A to point B as safely and quickly as possible, so sit down, hold on, shut up, and don't scream like a girl:l Cuz if your sittin up on the deck or seat and I make a hard turn, you ain't stayin in the boat. We run across a couple of lakes and run down the intracoastal canal. The intracoastal is about 40-60 feet deep, it will be weeks before they find the body.
    D

2. Koondawg

Koondawg Senior Refuge Member

There are longitudinal ribs on the bottom and the sides are stiffened by additional panels welded in. They act like box spars to give strength to the sides and guard against twisting. The top rail is super strong and adds additional strength for the rig to maintain its shape.

3. ARguide

ARguide Elite Refuge Member

Koondawg,

I can't wait to hear how that 556 runs with that 25. Post some pictures when you can.

4. moduks

moduks Senior Refuge Member

Knowing that Tim used to work for Excel, what was was done differently or better? Will Edge make a rear extended deck or a kik-up style mount? Can the boat be manufactured without low or high deck?

Thanks

5. moduks

anybody?

6. ARguide

ARguide Elite Refuge Member

1. Yes Tim was excel and now he is at Waco. Basicly the excel is a lot heavier and has a little different hull. Edge is better at least for what we do.

2. The kickup design is owned by excel. But Tim created that one so who knows. One thing I know is if you give Tim the tools and metal he can build just about anything.

3. The rear deck deal who knows I wouldn't think it was in the near future but....

4. No deck? In order to meet US Coast Guard requirements the boat has to have a certain amount of flotation which is usually under part or all of the deck. I guess he could do it but the foam has to go somewhere.

7. moduks

What is different about the edge hull? Why is the transom/rear shaped the way it is?

8. arkansaskiller

arkansaskiller Senior Refuge Member

If you don't know you prolly dont need one from the way I hear they handle.... Flat throw ya out.

9. pin oak

pin oak Elite Refuge Member

Fact

10. blowdown

blowdown Elite Refuge Member

some people say they're pretty quick too....:reader