Guess What?

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by 1995 US1, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Roach437

Roach437 Senior Refuge Member

Anybody tested these boats without tilt n trim or jack plate?

2. ARguide

ARguide Elite Refuge Member

Yes....

3. Roach437

Roach437 Senior Refuge Member

Which boat and motor? Any numbers to share?

4. drakekllr

drakekllr Senior Refuge Member

I don't have tilt or a jackplate and have ran several motors on it. Still impressed. Any time you want to run your yammie on mine i'll pull my motor off.

5. 1995 US1

1995 US1 Moderator Moderator

Yes it is the fastest aluminum production hull on the market right now. Most folks are afraid of posting number for fear of being rediculed, yea I know, no one on this forum woud do that but, still. My 1556, with battery, 6 gallon fuel tank, me at 205 pounds, 4 stroke EFI 247 pound 40 turned 60 Merc, 47 pound lift plate, turns a 16 pitch Yamaha black painted semi cleaver with added cup (average pitch 17) 6250rpm at 52 mph, add a 210 pound man to the mix, it will run 49. Corners on a dime. I have hit rough water every day of this season so far, no problems. A very stable, dry ride. My hunting partners love the straight sides as opposed to the flared out sides of most aluminum boats. They can sit on the floor and lean against the sides and sit almost straight up, with flared sides they are almost laying down. The straight sides also give you more freeboard, straight up is taller than laying at an angle.... I cannot give you a comparison to anyone else's boat, I have not run their boats. I can only compare it to a WeldBilt, AlWeld, Express, boats of that sort. Edge is not in the same league with these "jon boats", this is not a "jon boat".
    Edge builds a strong boat. I have run various and assorted aluminum boats for 45 years. Never anything like this. Everything I have run, till now, has had cross bracing ribs. This rib setup seems to be plenty strong, I can see where it would prevent the hull from hooking. The bracing on the sides is more than enough to strengthen the sides beyond any cross braced boat. I have run this rig through some roung stuff, 2' waves at WOT loaded, seems to get on top of the rough stuff and skip right along. The reverse chines at the bottom make this hull turn like it's on a rail, just don't try a hard turn a 45-52 mph, makes the boat very unhappy. As you gain speed, the boat rides higher and higher up on the V until the chines are completely out of the water and depending on your load, you are running on about 4-18" of the rear of the boat.
    The learning curve to driving this boat is a bit different than anything I have driven. Once mastered, it is completly predictable.'
    I have said it before and I'll say it again "the Edge is the most fun piece of aluminum I have ever driven"! If you see rough water, and have the cojones, just open her up and get on top of the rough water and fly.
    And the guys at the factory are very good to work with.
    D

6. quit calling

quit calling Senior Refuge Member

Mid season update? inquiring minds want to know. 25hp in the timber??? I'm about to pull the trigger I just need one more affirmation.

7. teamgoose4

teamgoose4 Senior Refuge Member

I would like to know as well. Seriously thinkin about one of these for next year. I am liking everything I hear so far.

8. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

The high sides suck when your hunting deep water.....:yes

If your old & fat like me it's hell to get in the boat!! :l

The nose being turn up so much makes it want to climb trees......:reader

9. ARguide

ARguide Elite Refuge Member

MG, if there was water, if there were ducks, if there were high water, & if you were too old to get in & out of the boat then just get a comfortable seat, sit in the boat & shoot em in the face when the ducks are just about to have a seat.

As far as the tree climbing deal I think you are going to have to get someone to drive ya.

10. 1995 US1

1995 US1 Moderator Moderator

We gonna have to build you a lift assist like those chairs for old farts:l???
    You gotta get in the boat just like rolling a big gator into a boat. Put one leg up on the sides, have your buddies in the boat stat pulling you in, and just roll in like a big old log and plop down on the floor while your buddies laugh their butts off:yes
    D