Guess who just admitted Obama increased family detentions?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Jeh Johnson...Obama's Homeland Security Secretary. But that's none of my business.

IMOO

double limit likes this.
  2. Lip Shooter

Lip Shooter Elite Refuge Member

So are you in favor of this?

Did you like Obama doing it?

Do you like Trump doing it?

Heard it from a Russian on a street corner.

3. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Lip, I get it. People think it is a bad thing. Myself, Bear, and others are only bringing to light the acceptance of the practices from the last several administrations but now that Trump is following the LAW, he's a big ole meanie and everyone is outraged. Why, look no further than MSM..... They act like every bad law, practice, or procedure is only because Trump is the president no matter who else passed, signed, or implemented the law.... This fall on Congress's shoulders. they have known of the law and could have changed it. THEY make the laws for the president to sign. Now they are telling the president to act like a dictator and fix it after just recently comparing him to a dictator:scratch You can't make this stuff up...

JP, OneShotBandit and Bear like this.
  4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Ironic, isn't it?

newduk, JP, OneShotBandit and 4 others like this.
  5. Lip Shooter

I do not think this was happening the same way under Obama, I am soo happy Trump did a EO to end this, even though he could have just made a phone call and changed it, happy non-the-less he ended it. I use to respect Sessions but that guy is losing it. They have it on tape him saying zero tolerance and separating families will be a deterrent to coming over, that is just wrong no matter what.

I am glad brought it up and it is now being solved. Do you wish MSM would not have reported on this? It is a great case of why the media is so important and valuable to us stiffs.

Trump moves on!

Edited per Derogatory Name Calling on PAF Policy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2018
  6. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Ya think Congress got to used this being the status quo ???
    download.jpg

7. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

I'm OK with the decision to stop this but worried that Congress will not address it and end the process through legal means. I believe someone will file suit against the EO because it circumvents the law and the precedence set by the courts. It will just be another political hot potato that will take focus away from other important matters. I don't agree that a phone call could have just changed it. We are still a country of laws, even though it seems now we can pick which ones to follow.

Yes, the media did its job but why aren't you questioning them not doing their job over the last 20 years? Wouldn't it have been better to report this under Bush or Obama and stopped it for the thousands of kids before??? Shows that the Media didn't do it for the kids but for political influence and $$$. BTW, it is not solved, the can has been kicked down the road. The question is, when it resumes will the media report it if a Democrat is in office????

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2018
    OneShotBandit likes this.
  8. Lip Shooter

I sure hope they do, I know they the MSM is far form perfect but I am a very positive person, one of those smiling loving life types of people and can see and acknowledge the good that came from this reporting. Sure I can say why not earlier, and wish it would have been solved earlier, but happy today separating kids from their families is ending, thank you MSM.

9. Lip Shooter

I think it is sad the facilities will not let the MSM into them, or congressional people.

10. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Interesting to note that the girl in this image was not taken from her mother...

180621135932-time-cover-07022018-mobile-super-tease.jpg

And yet she has become the poster child for children having been ripped out of the arms of their mothers by Trump...

Migrant Mother and ‘Crying Girl’ on TIME Cover Never Separated; Mom Deported in 2013, Left Husband With Good Job, 3 Other Kids, Paid Coyote $6K to Sneak Back in US

'They're together and safe: Father of Honduran two-year-old who became the face of family separation crisis reveals daughter was never separated from her mother, but the image of her in tears at U.S. border control ‘broke his heart’

• Denis Javier Varela Hernandez spoke out about the status of his wife Sandra, 32, and daughter, Yanela, 2
    • Yanela became the face of the immigration crisis after a Getty photographer snapped a photo of her in tears
    • Speaking to DailyMail.com Hernandez said he has still not been in direct contact with his wife Sandra because he does not have a way of communicating
    • He says all he can do now is wait, and says he is happy that 'they are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border
    • Sandra was part of a group that were caught by Border Patrol agents after making their way across the Rio Grande river on a raft
    • She set out on her journey from Puerto Cortes, Honduras to the U.S. at 6am on June 3 and allegedly paid $6,000 for a coyote
    • Hernandez said he did not support his wife's decision to make the journey with their young daughter in her arms and never got to properly say goodbye
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-face-child-separation-crisis-speaks-out.html