Guided goose hunts

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Jose Castro, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Jose Castro

Jose Castro New Member

Good day everybody. I am newly joined to this forum so give me a few to get used to it. I am from New York and I enjoy hunting of all kinds. I really would like to do a guided goose hunting but not sure from where to start or which outfits to look at. So anyone here can give me advice on where and which outfitter and why.
    Thanks.

2. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

Need to pick what kind of geese you would like to pursue and a state you would like to hunt first

3. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

My friend hunted at Habitat Flats for BIG money and was extremely disappointed. He went for Snows and that can be tough but blinds were small and uncomfortable and guides didn't seem to know how or when to call the shot.Decoys were left out and not moved as the birds did.
    I would take a hard look at Albecks Outdoor Adventures in Oklahoma.Brad Albeck is a friend and works very hard to make sure you get plenty of birds and plenty of memories.

4. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

How far do you want to go, and how much do you want to spend?
    Hop a plane with your passport to northern Canadian prairie fields, then tip your guide what you would have spent on a Texas hunt:grvn

With that said cost isnt always an indication of the hunt quality. You can spend $500-$1000 for your hunt with subdivisions for background or $100 ( and tip that poor dude that isnt charging enough. ) for some backroads outfitter

5. skimerhorn

skimerhorn Refuge Member

Also need to decide field or water. You can go a few hours south and get some good goose hunting in MD. But I'm sure you can find a decent outfitter in N.Y.. Plus you need to decide if you want to hunt from layout, pit, etc...

6. ED Vanderbeck

ED Vanderbeck Senior Refuge Member

Alberta look up high caliber outdoors adam gilkey will put you in birds

7. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

I know Facebook is not a popular word around here but most states have a page dedicated to local waterfowling and guides list their services there. Being on FB is certainly no recommendation for the quality of the outfitter but it will give you a place to start looking. That way you can start doing your homework and figure out who offers what you are looking for and be able to check references.

8. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

Definitely get references and ask that reference for more references. A lot of young black hoodie outfitters that have zero ethics.

9. Captain black

Captain black New Member

Check out the Indiana Choppin Crew, but they might be already booked up for the year

10. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Sampling the secret ingredient in their field breakfast, alone, would be worth the trip.