Guided goose hunts

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Jose Castro, Aug 14, 2017.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Just asking,didn't Adam Gilley get in some guiding trouble not to long ago?No disrespect, I am just curious.

2. Ksoutdoors

Ksoutdoors New Member

3. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for clearing this up,shows how important it can be to do your homework.

4. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

It's also really important to know which guide to hunt with in a larger guide service. There's some larger guide services around that have great guides and bad guides. Request the good one, and if he's already booked go with a different guide service altogether.

5. bigrick_2u

bigrick_2u New Member

When I was young, me and a buddy got burned pretty bad... and ALMOST went back! Do your homework, which it looks you are trying to do. Good luck.

6. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Depending on where he is in NY I wouldn't leave there to go to MD unless you are just interested in the history of hunting there. MD isn't even close to what it used to be, a lot of our birds are short stopping around the finger lakes in NY now. We still have decent hunting, but NY to me is consistently better now with a lot less pressure.

7. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

First off what kind of hunting are you looking at? Honkers, lessers, snows, specks?

Any particular area of the country you want to hunt?

Any particular style of hunting that you want to do? Pits, layouts, water, etc.