Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Guided Waterfowl hunts?

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by JasonlBosier, Feb 4, 2017.

1. JasonlBosier

JasonlBosier New Member

When did this become legal? Been hearing a lot about Heavy Hitters and 4 fly way ..
    Losing hunting ground fast ...

2. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

It's been at least 4 or 5 years now, thanks to our legislature and the Idaho Farm Bureau. They suck and never did listen to the hunters or public on this one. Money into the pockets of some legislators bought this one. And it will continue to get less and less private ground open unless you have big bucks.

3. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Just another example of political appointees on the Fish and Game and their too strong of support for ag and politics

4. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

It seems like its the same thing with those legislatures wanting more private land owner tags, and auction tags like Utah has.

For the people, by the people needs to stop being "It's not what I can do for my country (state), but what can my country (state) do for me?"

5. goosepond

goosepond Senior Refuge Member

As I have posted up before when we were fighting against guiding for waterfowl, my local legislator, Sen. Bair, chairman of Natural Resources committee and involved in getting the 2 F&G commissioners removed, all due to money, he told me in an e-mail a few years back, his vote was never for sale by anyone, anyone. Yet, Idaho Farm Bureau was his biggest donor for election of any Senator/Rep in Idaho. Humm, wonder how that happened. It was and still is for sale as long as it involves his farm and private farms. he also got the Idaho Farm Bureau state award for something dealing with outstanding support for Farm Bureau. And we didn't think our politics involved money or buying a vote :(, ya right.

6. Mikebig1

Mikebig1 Senior Refuge Member

guides working in Idaho will never see the inside of my wallet.. I have never paid to hunt. I feel it is a cop out.. and not respectful to the game.. imo..

7. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

That's a real suck deal right there. Those two that got removed were doing a lot of good I think.