Gym shoe decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by 1duckmaster, Nov 28, 2017.

1. 1duckmaster

1duckmaster Elite Refuge Member

Anyone use these? Thoughts, reviews?

Gym Shoe Decoys

2. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

OPINION
    In my limited experience EVA foam decoys are not worth the hassle (I have not used this particular brand). Pain to set up, seams tear easily, space and weight saving are two pros, but do not offset the durability that harder plastic provides. I am sure in limited applications they offer benefit, but for most hunting situations not worth it.

3. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Having to fluff 500+ decoys would be annoying.

4. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Having to fluff 500 anything is a lot of work.

5. hamr504

hamr504 New Member Sponsor

6. hamr504

Guys I am one of the partners of Gym Shoe Decoy Company. I'm sure after a while people will start talking trash which normally happens however I just wanted to clarify something I read in your post. We are not selling EVA foam, EVA foam is junk and will definitely tear. Our decoys are made out of xpe foam which is much more durable. I will have a post on the website pretty quick of a 500 Goose spread using these xpe foam decoys stored in 4 Morel Target sacks. One man can carry 250 decoys across a muddy rice field by himself utilizing morels sacks. The XPE inflate incredibly easy. They hold their shape and are completely different than an EVA foam. I truly believe that when EVA foam was introduced to the market, splitting occurred and other issues that ruined the reputation of foam decoys. There are no big decoy manufacturers that I know of th at sell an xpe foam Goose decoy, but I'm sure it's going to start . We are hunters we're sick and tired of paying ridiculous prices for decoys.
    I will tell you this ,I would not sell an inferior product to anybody. I will soon post a video on the website beating an XPE foam decoy with a wiffle ball bat. My last test I got up to 25 hits before it split. These decoys also have their place, they're awesome for somebody that would like to actually pick their decoys up easily, and move on to a new field or chase them up the fly way. The Eva plastic snow goose decoy we are selling along with the specs blues and juveniles are also a great product. I do understand the bad publicity that has been out on EVA foam decoys, I just wanted to clarify that xpe decoys are a complete different animal and cannot be compared to Eva. I personally would not own an Eva foam decoy if I was given a spread of a thousand. The biggest difference between the two types of foam are strength. Eva will hold detail much better than XPE but you're sacrificing for poor quality foam. And you guys know as well as I do if you have birds working that are looking at feather patterns in your decoys, they probably should have been shot already. I've been a member of RF for a while but don't do too much posting, if anyone has any questions you guys can get ahold of us on our website. We're normal hard hunting people like everybody on this website. The pics that are posted below are two sacs filled with 250 foam decoys. The other picture is of a xpe foam decoy that I've been beating up for 5 months , one side is almost stripped of all paint due to the beating I have given it, I took a can of Krylon flat white and in two minutes it was back to a huntable decoy minus a few details. These decoys will hold up and they will inflate and they will not split. Hope this cleared up a few things. We can totally understand skepticism with new products, but this one is a winner.

Attached Files:

7. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

There's alot of contradiction in your post/video on your website. Your video shows you bouncing, blowing, inserting your hand into the decoys so they take shape, yet your post says they inflate " incredibly easy". And the video is on a nice summer day when I'm sure the material is more easily inflatable than on a cold morning. You say you wouldn't own EVA decoys, yet you sell them. I think they look ok and I'm sure you'll sell alot. I do like the logo with gym shoes on, you should sell decals.

8. hamr504

9. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

Hamr504, your video shows how easy these decoys shape while in the sun at 95F. Do you have a video at 10F.

10. hamr504

There's no contradiction in anything if you actually read the post and watch the videos . Eva plastic is not EVA foam. We appreciate your opinion. To be fair and accurate I posted that I would not own an EVA FOAM decoy if I were given a thousand. I can see the oversight, but I believe you are mistaking foam for plastic. That is my personal opinion that I am entitled to, as everyone else who posts are entitled to their opinions. If guys are having success with EVA FOAM well that's awesome too .
    Eva plastic is completely different than EVA foam. Buy a sample and prove me wrong I'll even give you free shipping. Again we appreciate your opinions but I think it would be fair to everyone who reads this post, that you are accurate in quoting me. Yes those videos were shot during the summer months and I believe it was 90 degrees out, that doesn't mean anything. The product speaks for itself . The decoys are shipped collapsed. Xpe foam again, is intended to be collapsed and then blown up back up or bounced up or gently slapped against your leg. The point is they pop back out Again to be accurate, during the video it didn't take that much to get the collapse decoy back. At no time was it suggested that the decoys magically inflate . I believe there would have to be some kind of spring system or perhaps a compressed air system inside each decoy such as helium to accomplish absolute immediate inflation.
    Thank you guys for supporting we were not expecting the madness of sales this early in the game. Just like bulk, we're trying to bring a decoy to Hunters at an affordable price. As stated before the haters will all post baseless negativity because that's what we do on social media, and that does not bother us. It actually does the opposite. Thanks again for supporting