Decoy Forum Sponsors

Gym shoe decoys

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by 1duckmaster, Nov 28, 2017.

1. hamr504

hamr504 New Member Sponsor

I'll get you one next week. How about I put it in the freezer for a couple of days and I'll take it out and do the same thing . next week it'll be pretty cold, that's an excellent idea I appreciate that one. One issue though, I personally don't know anywhere I'd be snow goose hunting when it's 10 degrees. I surely wouldn't want to put a bunch of decoys out when it's 10 degrees and pray for a snow goose that's already 5 days ahead or behind where I'm sitting. Again keep them coming we appreciate the comments

2. hamr504

Hey guys honestly if I can give them to everybody for free I would, I don't think there's anyone on this forum that would dislike them and I'm not trying to sell them to you guys on RF. You don't have to buy a thing. The problem is we all know everything about everything. I truly believe in this product. The first person that messages me with their contact information, I will send you a free decoy XPE foam and an EVA plastic. All you have to come back on to this thread and provide your honest opinion because I guarantee you will not be disappointed . As stated before these are not competition carved decoys or stuffers, they have their place.

3. hamr504

Huntaholic21 has agreed to take on that free sample challenge. To be continued

4. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Anxious to see the cold test as I've hunted staged spring snows in single digits. Maybe I missed it but what is the stake made of?

5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

hamr504's posts have been removed for reasons of spam. He has been asked before not to push his products here, unless he wishes to become a sponsor. He has not done so.

6. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

Let him post a cold temp video, he won’t be back

7. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

I don't know about the gym shoe decoys, but Lucky Duck now has the Deception Duck decoys that look interesting. I'm trying a half dozen ... Roger's has them on sale right now. But, yea, I wouldn't want to set out 500, or 100, or 50 of them. But I am curious.

Here's a rogers youtube vid with them freezing one to check the pliability. I would assume the material is similar to the OPs question? There are a couple other vids on youtube about them as well ...

8. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Dang, I was hoping to get to mention how much the decoys look like the ones from Alibaba that are less than $5.00/decoy.

9. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Id be interested in seeing the difference in material. Based off the videos the EVA plastic holds its shape better? Have any videos of decoys set with a 20+ mph wind?

Realistically, and this is just constructive criticism, at least for myself and everyone I hunt with the stake system would need to be changed to justify running more than a few dozen. Popping the tab into every decoy then trying to set the decoy in remotely hard ground I would think would be a hassle and frustrating. Setting the stake then trying to push that tab up into the decoy would be equally as frustrating. Since the rubber top of the stake is what is needed to hold the decoy in place would mean pounding the stakes in would result in lots of messed up stakes?

If you could just set the stake and drop the decoy onto it like you can with avians and averys, then they'd be a pretty awesome option as they look plenty good. With that scenario I'd then be worried about them blowing off the stake with how light they are. With tail loops and 5 to 6 guys we can currently put out 500 fulls in 45 minutes to an hour. Setting a sock spread almost takes longer than the tail loop drop stake system.

Again, just my thoughts not bashing the product. Nice to see other people trying to make snow goose hunting a little more affordable!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  10. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

LOL, do that wearing in the dark. No thanks.